"Must Buy" and "Must Eat".

CRZAHOLIC

I think I read everything and I didn't see anything about "Must Buy" and "Must Eat". We like trying and buying something new. We had flying fish sandwiches in Barbados and they were great. We also like to buy things that are local. We bought MaDouDou flavored rum in St. Maarten and a hook bracelet in St. Croix. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Edited by CRZAHOLIC
change response

I think I read everything and I didn't see anything about "Must Buy" and "Must Eat". We like trying and buying something new. We had flying fish sandwiches in Barbados and they were great. We also like to buy things that are local. We bought MaDouDou flavored rum in St. Maarten and a hook bracelet in St. Croix. Does anyone have any recommendations?

A bottle of Facundo Exquisito, or if wishing to spoil one, the go for a better rum - Don Q 20 Year Old Reserva de la Familia Serrallé

Don Q is one of the rums and i cannot remember another one my friends made me buy and try. But that's a good start.

Must eat Lechon (spit fired while pork), Mofongo (double cooked plantain very heavy), Chicharon (my favorite).

They do a lot of cooking with Plantain, i had something they call aranita. Where they grate it and then deep fry it like a hash brown. Was not as heavy as you would think and served with mayo-ketchup. My favorite so far.

Don Q is one of the rums and i cannot remember another one my friends made me buy and try. But that's a good start.

Must eat Lechon (spit fired while pork), Mofongo (double cooked plantain very heavy), Chicharon (my favorite).

They do a lot of cooking with Plantain, i had something they call aranita. Where they grate it and then deep fry it like a hash brown. Was not as heavy as you would think and served with mayo-ketchup. My favorite so far.

Thanks. I wrote everything down and I will look for it.