First Cruise...Green Grotto Caves/Dunn's River Falls

JusGetinStarted

Hi everyone,

This will be my family and I's first cruise. I am the planner and everything was going smooth until I got to the excursion planning. It will be 4 of us. My Mom, Dad, Me and my lil 11 year old Niece. My mom and I love history and sightseeing. My dad likes those things but he sometimes has trouble getting around. he has had 2 knee replacements. From the video I have watched it looks like he will be able to navigate through the caves, but I doubt if he will want to do the falls. Has anyone had a group where someone wanted to go see the falls, but not participate in the climb? Is there somewhere he can sit and enjoy the falls as our group climbs and then meet up with us once we are finished? Am I wrong about the caves will he struggle with the caves as well?

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

This will be my family and I's first cruise. I am the planner and everything was going smooth until I got to the excursion planning. It will be 4 of us. My Mom, Dad, Me and my lil 11 year old Niece. My mom and I love history and sightseeing. My dad likes those things but he sometimes has trouble getting around. he has had 2 knee replacements. From the video I have watched it looks like he will be able to navigate through the caves, but I doubt if he will want to do the falls. Has anyone had a group where someone wanted to go see the falls, but not participate in the climb? Is there somewhere he can sit and enjoy the falls as our group climbs and then meet up with us once we are finished? Am I wrong about the caves will he struggle with the caves as well?

Thanks.

I cannot comment on the caves because I have not been.

However, I can tell you there is a spectator path at Dunn River Falls with several platforms for watching the people climbing the falls.

I cannot comment on the caves because I have not been.

However, I can tell you there is a spectator path at Dunn River Falls with several platforms for watching the people climbing the falls.

Ok Great Thanks. He should be able to enjoy the falls without doing the climb.

• 2 weeks later...

In my recent excursion to Dunn's River Falls, we had about 3 members of our group on the excursion who did not participate in the climb and they either sat on the benches outside of the falls, or they let one man access a part of the waterfall like a pool and hang out in the water while we climbed.

In my recent excursion to Dunn's River Falls, we had about 3 members of our group on the excursion who did not participate in the climb and they either sat on the benches outside of the falls, or they let one man access a part of the waterfall like a pool and hang out in the water while we climbed.

Awww cool he would loved that if he could do that. If not as long as he can sit and enjoy the falls while we are climbing will be fine too.

Thanks

DRF: the entry fee is to the park for the day ... technically climbing the falls is free. IF you choose to use one of the sets of stairs along the way to just get in a pool you are very welcome to do that.

There is a large pool at the top of the climb .... where most folks exit.

drf2.jpg

this is the top of the climb area ... stairs at left rear. You can not climb beyond this point. Pink shorts did not climb with us, but got in here for pictures.

Edited by Capt_BJ