Kusadasi waterparks

Has anyone been to one of these? Wondering whether they would be worth a stop and how to get there on the bus.

I will be travelling with two kids (9 and 7) and we do plan on going to Ephesus. But our cruise is pretty heavy on ruins (Rome, Athens, Lindos, Ostia in addition to Ephesus and maybe Pompeij). Kids like history but don't want to overdo it so I am wondering whether it would be possible to combine a visit in Ephesus with a couple hours at a waterpark.

I recall driving by one of the water parks on the way to Ephesus and it looked bigger than huge. I have no idea what it cost but think that it would not be worth the cost. There are some beaches in the area.

• 2 weeks later...

We have booked a tour with Ephesus Shuttle for first thing in the morning for our cruise in Oct. They said that they would drop my 10 year old and myself at Aqua Fantasy after our visit to Ephesus and the terrace houses- and take my mum back to the markets near the ship. We anticipate being dropped off around 12.30 and leaving the Park around 4.00 for a 6.00 departure. We have been assured that their are plenty of taxis near the park which is part of a hotel- sort of like Atlantis I imagine- so taxis should not be an issue. Equally you could book your park tickets online with one of the companies that offer free transfers to and from Kusadasi- we may also do that and just get them to pick us up. I hope this works for us- let us know how it goes for you. Jennie

Thanks for the information. I think (against lots of advice) we'll take a taxi from the port. I was hoping to go to Adaland as it seems geared more towards older kids. Do you know how far in miles it is from the port?

• 2 years later...

When we had a rental car we drove by Aquapark just to take a look-see and the place looked very nice. The admission price is about 21 Euros (for 10+) 15 Euros for the kids. Pretty good deal for a decent water park. If you go to Ephesus in the morning the water park is an easy stop since its on the way back to Kusadasi (and the port). You could do this with a rental car but it would be a pain since the normal entrance and exits are Ephesus are about a mile apart. With a car you have to park at one end and back track. So we would recommend hiring a taxi at the port. You could try and negotiate a deal to have him wait at the lower Ephesus exit (this is the norm) and then he could take you to the waterpark. If you get a good deal just hire him for the day. Otherwise, you have to grab another taxi at the Ephesus exit to get to the park and later find another taxi to get you back into town. There are usually taxis but there is something to say for having your own driver for the day.

Hank