Videos - A walk around Quebec City and a quick look at Montmorency Falls

Cornishpastyman1

Quebec City - journey’s end. We had an overnight stay here, arriving at 8 am on a Friday, and disembarking the ship at 9 am the next day. As our flight check-in was not until 4 pm we had almost 2 full days in this glorious city, but the footage is from only the first day because it rained heavily and persistently on the second, confining us to coffee shops and restaurants. The funicular up to the old city is $2.25 each way (they like correct coinage) but unless you physically need it or want to say you've done it, the walk up will take about 5 minutes.

There is a very good luggage storage facility at the cruise terminal ($2 per case) and a superb tourist information kiosk, where they will order your taxi to the airport. It’s about $35 for a regular cab, $40 for us because we needed one that took 6 and all our bags. The trip to the airport takes about 35-40 minutes.

Videos for the other ports on this cruise (Boston, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney and Charlottetown) are in the Atlantic Canada & New England playlist link below.

[YOUTUBE]_jAUldkIOe0[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]esWN6B3SCz0[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Cornishpastyman1

Quebec City - journey’s end. We had an overnight stay here, arriving at 8 am on a Friday, and disembarking the ship at 9 am the next day. As our flight check-in was not until 4 pm we had almost 2 full days in this glorious city, but the footage is from only the first day because it rained heavily and persistently on the second, confining us to coffee shops and restaurants. The funicular up to the old city is $2.25 each way (they like correct coinage) but unless you physically need it or want to say you've done it, the walk up will take about 5 minutes.

There is a very good luggage storage facility at the cruise terminal ($2 per case) and a superb tourist information kiosk, where they will order your taxi to the airport. It’s about $35 for a regular cab, $40 for us because we needed one that took 6 and all our bags. The trip to the airport takes about 35-40 minutes.

Videos for the other ports on this cruise (Boston, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney and Charlottetown) are in the Atlantic Canada & New England playlist link below.

[YOUTUBE]_jAUldkIOe0[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]esWN6B3SCz0[/YOUTUBE]

Wonderful videos but I'm not seeing the link for the other ports...could it be my iPad?

• 2 months later...

Cornishpastyman1- can you please tell me where you got the bus 800 to go to the falls. Do you recall the schedule and the price? We have just booked a 10 day Canada & NE DIscovery with Holland. After seeing your video, this is looks like something we would be interested in doing. Thanks

Cornishpastyman1- can you please tell me where you got the bus 800 to go to the falls. Do you recall the schedule and the price? We have just booked a 10 day Canada & NE DIscovery with Holland. After seeing your video, this is looks like something we would be interested in doing. Thanks

Hi

There are at least 4 departure points (from Quebec City) for that 800 bus. I got on at the Place d'Youville (to go to the falls) and off at a stop near the Parliament building coming back because it was nearer where I next wanted to walk in the city. I'd just ask someone or the tourist office at the top of funicular. The falls is the last stop on the run so you can't miss it.

The fare each way was $3.25 (I think) and it takes 40-45 minutes to get to the falls. The buses are very frequent (every 20 mins) and you'll want at least 40 minutes, maybe an hour at the falls. All the best, Tony