Skycaps & Kiosk @ FLL Airport

Baby Blue Eyes

After our cruise docks at Port Everglades. We'll fly out of Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport @ 2 pm. Does US Air still have skycaps and available kiosk so I can do curb side checking safety and print my boarding passes before headed to the security and gate? Is that enough time from disembarkment of ship, hailing a cab, getting at the airport & doing all this crap before hitting the skies?

It's been awhile since I have flown so I am a bit clueless on current procedures. Help please. What happen to the good old days of airline tickets in hand?:rolleyes:

You cannot check your bags before four hours prior to your flight time. We had this happen to us three weeks ago at FLL. A very nice Skycap agent took our bags, (and us), inside the terminal building to the seating area. At the allowed time, he came back for us and our bags and checked us in. Great service from the folks at the Southwest skycap service.

Hypo

I printed out a list of restaurants and shops at Ft. L airport and on the list it has Public Baggage Storage at all four terminals before you go thru security. Does anyone know what it is and how does it works? My flight doesn't leave until 7:45 PM and I don't want to worry about luggage all day. Thanks for any info you can give me.

After our cruise docks at Port Everglades. We'll fly out of Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport @ 2 pm. Does US Air still have skycaps and available kiosk so I can do curb side checking safety and print my boarding passes before headed to the security and gate? Is that enough time from disembarkment of ship, hailing a cab, getting at the airport & doing all this crap before hitting the skies?

It's been awhile since I have flown so I am a bit clueless on current procedures. Help please. What happen to the good old days of airline tickets in hand?:rolleyes:

Checked bags 0-50 pounds are $15 each with US Airways. 50+ pounds are $25 each I believe.

I think, but I'm not positive that you have to go inside if you are checking bags because you have to pay US Airways and sky caps are independent contractors. I could be wrong but I didn't see any curb side check in this past weekend.

Checked bags 0-50 pounds are $15 each with US Airways. 50+ pounds are $25 each I believe.

I think, but I'm not positive that you have to go inside if you are checking bags because you have to pay US Airways and sky caps are independent contractors. I could be wrong but I didn't see any curb side check in this past weekend.

Ohhh:( So was your wait long and stressful to check bags in w/US Air directly? I just read that the terminal on cruise days is crazy. I have never taken a flight out of FLL w/any airline to compare my experience. Can you enlighten me so I am better prepared. Getting from port to airport and dealing with all that until I am headed home seems a little overwhelmed for the inexperienced travellers. :o Thanks:)

Ohhh:( So was your wait long and stressful to check bags in w/US Air directly? I just read that the terminal on cruise days is crazy. I have never taken a flight out of FLL w/any airline to compare my experience. Can you enlighten me so I am better prepared. Getting from port to airport and dealing with all that until I am headed home seems a little overwhelmed for the inexperienced travellers. :o Thanks:)

No, it isn't bad because you can check the self check in.

I'd contact FLL airport directly.

No, it isn't bad because you can check the self check in.

I'd contact FLL airport directly.

I probably will. I heard this airport and Port Everglades is actually the best choices if you plan to fly and cruise. Just trying to get all my plans in order so it's most enjoyable from start to finish. Well at least hope so:)

Archived