City VIew Trolley and restaurant recommendation

ssbeard1

Has anyone done City View Trolley for hop on hop off? They currently have a groupon.

Also, would love a recommendation for a place to eat while in Boston (only rule is no chain restaurant). Thanks. :)

Lots of good restaurants in Boston. What area are you staying in, what types of food do you prefer, and what is your pricepoint?

It will be a port day on the cruise.....plan on doing a hop on hop off trolley. So probably a late lunch or early supper. I believe we leave port at 6. No price point and no set preference. A place with wonderful dessert always gets extra marks on my list.

It will be a port day on the cruise.....plan on doing a hop on hop off trolley. So probably a late lunch or early supper. I believe we leave port at 6. No price point and no set preference. A place with wonderful dessert always gets extra marks on my list.

HOHO puts you in/near the North End (Italian section) of Boston. Pretty much every restaurant there is good. Have dessert at Bova or Modern Bakery.

• 1 year later...

I see that no one has responded to your question. Could you provide more details about what you are considering? Do you need a drop off at a hotel because of mobility issues? Boston is a small city and there will be hotels very close to many of the trolley stops. The description of the trolley tour stops can be a little vague - some seem to name the stop based on the attraction and some name the stop based on a hotel. I know that Old Town Trolley stops at the Westin Waterfront, but that is a connector route to the main trolley stop at Faneuil Hall.

What dates are you looking at? Are you looking for a hotel based on its proximity to a trolley stop?

We have booked The BW Adams Inn in Quincy 4/24/15 post-cruise. I see on their website the Beantown Trolley picks up there. I wonder if it is simply a transport to their first stop? Since we are ending a cruise there, we don't have a car and will be flying to CO the next day at 2:45pm from Logan. Apparently this hotel is a popular cruisers' spot. I did write and ask and they answered that yes, they do offer pickup service at the ship to go to hotel. They also offer free airport shuttle. Perfect set-up for us.

Since there seem to be several trolley companies, I'm just trying to compare which are easiest to access from this hotel.

Susan

I'd call Beantown Trolley directly to find out. Their website says they pick up at your hotel. Honestly, since the BW Adams is in Quincy, it's not really what I think of as a Boston hotel since it's so far from the city center. I think the convenience of being picked up at your hotel could be more important than which company you go with. My guess is that they do not return you all the way to Quincy and that you will have to take the Red Line subway instead.

Susan, I agree w/ 138east about BW Adams and location. It is not located near the city center but on the outskirts, probably about 4-5 mi. out. However, if you are planning to do the Beantown Trolley tour, then that would pick you up at the hotel. Here's a review of a recent stay and says it drops you off at the hotel:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60710-d77529-r220634436-BEST_WESTERN_Adams_Inn-Quincy_Massachusetts.html

Looks like it has been renovated and gets decent reviews of late.