Catalina Island excursions - Imagination

Hello!

Going on 4 day to Catalina and Ensenada in May on the Imagination. Was wondering if anyone had tips on enjoying the beaches of Catalina. Just looking to relax on a beach for the day. Thanks for the help! :D

I went ziplining(6 lines with automatic braking) and got the same view as the picture above, just higher up.

Before and after the excursion, I just walked up and down the street shopping. The ice cream/candy/fudge shop made me drool.

I would have rented a golf cart, but I don't have a driver's license(I get by without one). I know I could handle the cart, but sadly there are laws against it.

Lots of info on the West Coast and California Coastal boards. Catalina Chamber of Commerce website has lots of info.

We like the mini golf course.

Lloyd's has been in the Island for years, famous for homemade taffy. It's pulled in the front window.

It sounds like you want a laid-back day on Catalina rather than some vigorous exercise, but in case you change your mind (or in case someone else reading this thread wants to hike), here is what we did in Catalina last August when we stopped there on the Imagination:

"Garden-to-Sky" hike (4 miles). This hike begins at the Wrigley Gardens, goes up to the ridge line overlooking the island and then descends to the Hermit Gulch campground. The hike is rated moderate and the views are spectacular!

To get to the Wrigley Gardens, we took the tourist trolley at the dock ($1). Admission to the Gardens is $7 and we strolled through the Gardens for about an hour before beginning the hike. The trailhead is located at the back of the Gardens near the huge Wrigley Memorial.

The hike took us about 2 hours and we still had plenty of time for ice cream, mini golf and shopping.

For more info, see:

https://www.catalinaconservancy.org/index.php?s=visit&p=hiking

I second the golf carts! We had a ball!

Going to Catalina in July for the first time. What's the best way to rent golf carts? Is it necessary to do so in advance or just rent one after getting off of the ship?

Going to Catalina in July for the first time. What's the best way to rent golf carts? Is it necessary to do so in advance or just rent one after getting off of the ship?

You rent them on the main road as you get off the ship. When we went it was 40.00 for an hour and a 40.00 deposit

• 3 weeks later...