Quebec Information on Tours Please

ssbeagle

We will be in Quebec City for two days prior to boarding the Caribbean Princess in October. I am looking for information on doing some private tours of the city and surrounding area. Can anyone recommend a good company and/or tell me about your experiences?

I am not from Quebec but can get you started while you wait for others to reply.

There is lots to see in Quebec City in walking distance from the port. You can also take a trip around the old town in a caleche or horse and buggy. I love just walking around the old town. There are some interesting shops and galleries. I think that that along with going to the Plains of Abraham, the Citadel and other historic sites could take two days.

However, if you want to get outside the city: some people take a tour around Ile D'Orleans. This would be very nice in the summer. Again there are lots of shops, specialty foods, etc. You can also go to Montmorency Falls and the Basilica at Beaupre. You could easily combine both these by renting a car for the day.

If you go back to the main Ports of Call page for Canada and use the search feature at the top of the page (to the right of the blue bar) you will find some previous posts.

Also check out Tom's Port Guides. The one for Quebec gives details about all the above, including how to do it yourself: http://www.tomsportguides.com/

Thank you Maryann. I am looking for someone who will take us around since we don't walk very much or very far. I don't want to bother with a rental car either. I am sure there must be some tour companies out there. I have also checked out Tom's port guide for Quebec and didn't see what I was looking for. If I can't find anything here, I should be able to get some information from the hotel concierge when we get there. I just thought someone from CC had used a good guide before and could give a recommendation.

Edited by ssbeagle