MSC Divina with Toddler and Baby

ling01

Hello all,

I will be travelling on the Divina in August with a toddler (just under 3) and baby (8 months). I have several questions which can hopefully be answered! :)

1) Cabin - We have a balcony cabin on Deck 8 near the rear of the ship. Does anyone know what is located below in Deck 7? I looked on the deck plans and it looks to be blank? Just worried about noise...

2) Bottle Warmers - I read that the ship provides bottle warmers and they are available throughout the ship. Has anyone used them and if so, where are they located, do they fit all bottle types and would we be able to get one in our cabin?

3) Bath - I plan on bringing an inflatable bathtub for the baby and putting it in the shower as I've done on other cruises - would they fit and if not, how would you bath your baby on the ship?

4) Pools - my toddler is potty trained - what kind of pool areas can he play in as I've read there are no toddler splash pools... I plan on using the inflatable bath tub for my infant to splash in on the pool deck - has anyone done this?

5) Strollers - I read that we can rent a stroller - how do we go about getting one and what kind of strollers are available?

Any other tips and suggestions?

Thanks very much!!!

Hello all,

I will be travelling on the Divina in August with a toddler (just under 3) and baby (8 months). I have several questions which can hopefully be answered! :)

1) Cabin - We have a balcony cabin on Deck 8 near the rear of the ship. Does anyone know what is located below in Deck 7? I looked on the deck plans and it looks to be blank? Just worried about noise...

2) Bottle Warmers - I read that the ship provides bottle warmers and they are available throughout the ship. Has anyone used them and if so, where are they located, do they fit all bottle types and would we be able to get one in our cabin?

3) Bath - I plan on bringing an inflatable bathtub for the baby and putting it in the shower as I've done on other cruises - would they fit and if not, how would you bath your baby on the ship?

4) Pools - my toddler is potty trained - what kind of pool areas can he play in as I've read there are no toddler splash pools... I plan on using the inflatable bath tub for my infant to splash in on the pool deck - has anyone done this?

5) Strollers - I read that we can rent a stroller - how do we go about getting one and what kind of strollers are available?

Any other tips and suggestions?

Thanks very much!!!

We just returned on Saturday.... loved it!!! Although our son is 10 here are some observations. We did see a lot of babies and toddlers.

Most just left the stroller in the hallway outside of the cabin. I did also see the portable cribs like the pack n plays.

When we cruised when our son was a baby we just sat him in the shower and bathed him with a washcloth while I sat next to him. The shower head was adjustable so it didn't spray right on him.

Deck 7 rear is the Black and White Lounge.

We saw a few toddlers in the very shallow water area around the main pools. It is blocked from the pool by wavy walls so you don't have to worry about them falling in. If you do a search on YouTube to look at the main pool you will see what I mean.

Hi there! I can't answer your questions as we are going on our first MSC sailing in a few weeks. But we did cruise quite often with our young children such as yours and we had an awesome time. Have safe and fun travels. Go with the flow as much as you can.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Even with a toilet trained kid, it is not that easy to use the full sized pools as they are 5 feet 12 inches deep (yes that is what it says on the pools - not 6 feet!) so unless you are a fab swimmer you cannot just paddle with them in your arms.

With our kids, we have cruised with them at 8, 12, 17, 22 and 27 months and we just showered with them in our arms. Like a previous poster said, you can adjust the shower head and divert the main flow away from them.

MSC have partnered with Chicco for the supply of baby equipment and this is an excerpt from the Daily Programme.

Are you travelling with children under the age of 3? Discover our new partnership with Chicco. Digital bottle warmers, strollers, bouncers and caddy backpacks are at your disposal to make your cruise experience even more comfortable. After use you will have the opportunity to give us your opinion and help us in always ensuring a careful and timely service for the whole family. Please request your bottle warmer at reception and the other range of products at the Mini Club

Thanks for your replies - appreciate it! Hopefully the sound barriers are good given the lounge is right below us! And will definitely go with the flow - went on NCL when older child was 11 months, it will be a whole new experience with two toddlers!

• 7 months later...

How was your trip with the 3yr and 1 yr old? Was everyone able to fit comfortably? I'm thinking of doing the Divina with my 2 kids (4 and 1), but am worried about fitting everyone in a balcony room. I assume we'll need to pull out the sofa bed for the 3 yr old, but then there doesn't seem like much room to fit in a crib in there as well. How did you end up arranging your sleeping kids? The other thing I guess we could do is have my husband sleep with my son, and I sleep with my daughter, but I'd prefer if the kids each had their own bed to sleep in.

My family and I have never cruised MSC and we will be on RCCL Harmony of the Seas on the 21st (never cruised RCCL either) and are curious about the differences in the two and see how they do with small children. We have a 9 month old and a 4 yr old. Our 4 yr old has cruised twice on Carnival, both times over 2 years of age and she did awesome. Just checking out the different cruise lines.

How was your trip with the 3yr and 1 yr old? Was everyone able to fit comfortably? I'm thinking of doing the Divina with my 2 kids (4 and 1), but am worried about fitting everyone in a balcony room. I assume we'll need to pull out the sofa bed for the 3 yr old, but then there doesn't seem like much room to fit in a crib in there as well. How did you end up arranging your sleeping kids? The other thing I guess we could do is have my husband sleep with my son, and I sleep with my daughter, but I'd prefer if the kids each had their own bed to sleep in.

There will be plenty of room....they are awesome. If at all worried, you can keep the couch a couch rather than pulling out the bed and have your daughter sleep on that. Honestly it's the size of a single bed like that anyways, I doubt she needs a queen size bed just for herself. Then you will have plenty of room for the crib/pack-n-play.