Norwegian Getaway - kids aqua park - slide broken?

FLIP FLOP GAL

Hey all - read on another post that the kids aqua park slide (the little SpongeBob area) is roped off/not in use on the Norwegian Getaway. I am guessing that this was as recent as this month (his post was just yesterday). Can anyone else confirm this? More importantly - and this might be ridiculous - do you all think anyone over at NCL might have information about this if I call? (I realize this sounds beyond absurd, I know)

I'm traveling in Nov. with my 3yr old, and, that is one of the activities that I know he would he able to take advantage of. Bummed if it's not going to be in use.

+1...a slide broken for 3 months? All the whiners and complainers on this board are giving people a warped view of what a great job NCL does.

Whooooa - slow down there tiger. I'm SURE you aren't calling me a "whiner and complainer"...as, I did none of the above. I asked a question! I am pumped for my NCL cruise, regardless of what many might gripe about. I was just curious as to know if anyone else saw this, and, love hearing that it will more than likely be fixed WAY before my sailing date.

So - take it easy buddy, bring your negativity to another thread friend. I'm in vacation planning mode (which to some is equally as fun) and couldn't be happier!

Just a thought, NCL's deal with Nickelodeon is up soon, and I understand it won't be renewed. Perhaps they're removing Sponge Bob and the rest of the characters and will be replacing them with??????

Who knows...interesting point though. The post where I read it said the slides appeared to be broken?! So...not sure as to why...who knows?! Honestly, I don't care about the characters at all (I don't even think we have ever turned on the Nickelodeon channel in our house, LOL)...just looking forward to watching my little one have some fun.

Hopefully it will be fixed for your little one to enjoy :) I do wonder what will take place of the Nickelodeon/Sponge Bob theme though. I do want to caution you to make sure your little guy doesn't run. We seen numerous kids falling when we sailed 2 months ago. One little girl even had to be carried off on a stretcher. That area seems pretty slick even walking through it as an adult.