Advice for transportation to Miami Port for Liberty Cruise

gtonda

We are staying in Fort Lauderdale the evening before our cruise and have booked transfers to Miami port the morning of our cruise with MJS Transportation.

We like to arrive early at the port and in fact, we just purchased FTTF. MJS's first email confirmation stated he would pick us up at 11am. I emailed Michael from MJS requesting to be picked up at the hotel at 9:45am to arrive at port around 10:30am.

Michael replied saying the earliest he could pick up is 10:30am, but cannot guarantee anything. He is also stating that due to budget cuts, customs at the terminal is delayed. I will paste his reply below. My questions are, #1) Is this accurate? #2) Does anyone have advice on another transportation company that will accommodate my request?

For the record, we will have at least 8 people in our group. Don't know if their vans carry more than that or not.

I feel like his real reason is that he needs his vans to bring people from Miami to Fort Lauderdale first, before he heads back south.

"Hi Gtonda, As you must know, due to recent budget cuts customs is quite delayed and there is no where to sit or escape the heat at the port. We are a shared ride service which allows us to offer efficient, economical, intelligent transportation.From our years of dealing with this situation we try and share our knowledge with our passengers to help them have a GREAT trip. I can offer you to go on the first van going south (usually around 10:30), but will not guarantee anything that we can not do. Hope this works for you. Please advise as to status of reservation. Thanks, Michael"

We are staying in Fort Lauderdale the evening before our cruise and have booked transfers to Miami port the morning of our cruise with MJS Transportation.

We like to arrive early at the port and in fact, we just purchased FTTF. MJS's first email confirmation stated he would pick us up at 11am. I emailed Michael from MJS requesting to be picked up at the hotel at 9:45am to arrive at port around 10:30am.

Michael replied saying the earliest he could pick up is 10:30am, but cannot guarantee anything. He is also stating that due to budget cuts, customs at the terminal is delayed. I will paste his reply below. My questions are, #1) Is this accurate? #2) Does anyone have advice on another transportation company that will accommodate my request?

For the record, we will have at least 8 people in our group. Don't know if their vans carry more than that or not.

I feel like his real reason is that he needs his vans to bring people from Miami to Fort Lauderdale first, before he heads back south.

"Hi Gtonda, As you must know, due to recent budget cuts customs is quite delayed and there is no where to sit or escape the heat at the port. We are a shared ride service which allows us to offer efficient, economical, intelligent transportation.From our years of dealing with this situation we try and share our knowledge with our passengers to help them have a GREAT trip. I can offer you to go on the first van going south (usually around 10:30), but will not guarantee anything that we can not do. Hope this works for you. Please advise as to status of reservation. Thanks, Michael"

With 8 people you should look into getting a private shuttle vs a shared. I know in November when we went from FLL to our Liberty cruise we were 7 people, QLS gave me a price for a private shuttle and it wasn't much more then us paying the per person price. 2 of our people ended up renting a car so my family of 5 went with a 6 passenger limo with QLS. Now that was great :) With a private shuttle, you can pick your time to be picked up. I would consider calling QLS and ask them about a private shuttle. As the other poster said, boarding will start approx noon time. In order to get on board as soon as it opens, I would suggest getting to the port by 11am. This way you get through security and check in before the crowds come and to deal with the delays due to the govt cuts.

Enjoy your cruise, the Liberty was a great ship

Edited by girlscruise2011

In addition to QLS I would check with Go Airport Shuttle (they have the concession inside FLL airport) and maybe some of the limo companies (Holland Limo or Larry's Limo) -- with FTTF & 8 plus bags a private transfer makes sense for your group.

Thank you for the advice everyone. I priced out a 15 passenger rental van from National and it came out to be less than the shared shuttle price. This will also give us all the flexibility we could want. Especially on debarkation day as our flight isn't until 5:30pm. Now we can spend the day out and about before heading to the airport.

Thank you for the advice everyone. I priced out a 15 passenger rental van from National and it came out to be less than the shared shuttle price. This will also give us all the flexibility we could want. Especially on debarkation day as our flight isn't until 5:30pm. Now we can spend the day out and about before heading to the airport.

Great Deal glad it worked out for you :)