Westin Diplomat Hollywood Cab Prices

DisneyCrazy123

I think I'm the one who mentioned it on you other thread...we truly loved the hotel, it's one of the few places we would go back to (and we are after our next cruise). We usually try different places each time, but this one is just perfect (my opinion!).

Anyway, we did have a car, but according to their website it would be a $25-35 cab ride from the airport, and probably close to the same from the port.

We did from the port to the hotel for about $28. Was a really fast ride the day and hour we went. To the airport was a little less. We were prepared for the estimate of $35 I read here and remember being pleasantly surprised. But depending on traffic and driver, I would guess it could end up closer to that. That's why we choose that location only if staying in the area more than 24 hours.

We'll be going from the Port to the Diplomat on a Saturday after a cruise. A little concerned about beach traffic. Did the taxi driver seem to go a way that avoided traffic? I don't know the roads well enough to really request a way.

I really can't remember the route our driver took. All I remember is I had two 20$ in my hand ready for the $35 fare. Was pleasantly surprised when we saw the meter. He won't take a "beach road" to the hotel. If you get off earlier rather than the last group, I would guess Sat. resident traffic would be less too.

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed there a couple years ago. I think 40 covered fare and tip. Would stay there again as I really liked they had the water taxi stop at the hotel. Not much around there for meals at night. Walked to a Panera Bread for Bfast. About a mile.