Miami or Orlando for hotel and parking

4774Papa

We are flying (one-way)to Copenhagen for 28 days on the NCL Star, including a Transatlantic cruise ending in Miami.

We can fly out of Orlando (we live in South Georgia) or Miami for the same airfare. Having researched the available park and fly options through Sleep,Park and Fly, and other such websites as well as other searches, I have not found a Miami hotel that offers 30 days of free parking with the one night stay. I think that I have found a hotel in Orlando that will offer it, but it is too early to verify that.

My options are drive to Orlando, leave the car there before we fly out, then on arriving in Miami, take a one-way rental car to Orlando, pick-up our car, then drive home;

or

Drive to Miami, leave the car there, either at a parking lot or perhaps a hotel with some free parking (so far the most I have found is 14 days) and then drive home.

The rental car cost would only be about $80 plus gas. Also, we wouldn't have to drive all the way to Miami prior to departure for Copenhagen.

I suspect that the Miami option would be more expensive, but still, the Orlando option is somewhat more complicated with picking up the rental car and then dropping it off, picking up our car.

Thoughts?

Not sure the savings are worth the hassel to use Orlando as a base.

I would call some of the Miami properties you found and ask about extended parking and fees. You could also research some of the off-airport parking lots near MIA and then stay where you want.

I would not leave my car in any unsecure area like an open hotel parking lot for 14 days and certainly not 28 days.

If you do opt for Orlando, FastPark and Relax http://www.thefastpark.com/location/orlando/ is the best off-site airport parking place I have found. It is totally secure and every parking space is covered. With Orlando's harsh summer weather, that means a lot to me. The daily parking rate is very reasonable and they give an AAA discount of 15% (but you must remember to ask for it.)

I would not leave my car in any unsecure area like an open hotel parking lot for 14 days and certainly not 28 days.

If you do opt for Orlando, FastPark and Relax http://www.thefastpark.com/location/orlando/ is the best off-site airport parking place I have found. It is totally secure and every parking space is covered. With Orlando's harsh summer weather, that means a lot to me. The daily parking rate is very reasonable and they give an AAA discount of 15% (but you must remember to ask for it.)

We have done three cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale and used Fairfield Marriott for lengthy parking periods. The cars was parked right next to the hotel in a well lit area.

Most of the Miami hotels offer 7 or a few 14 days of free parking, but the rate for extra days is significant, and much more than a secure paid parking concern.

Any suggestions for a good convenient parking area in Miami with reasonable prices for parking. The airport parking is $8 per day, for 32 days would cost $256.

Just a FYI (Fastpark), if you use them during a holiday period, their lot fills up, if that occurs you will not get a covered spot, in fact they put your car somewhere offsite, but I agree they are the best offsite option at Orlando.

Edited by aria48

We have done three cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale and used Fairfield Marriott for lengthy parking periods. The cars was parked right next to the hotel in a well lit area.

Most of the Miami hotels offer 7 or a few 14 days of free parking, but the rate for extra days is significant, and much more than a secure paid parking concern.

Any suggestions for a good convenient parking area in Miami with reasonable prices for parking. The airport parking is $8 per day, for 32 days would cost $256.

There are a couple hotels near the Miami airport on http://www.park-and-fly-hotels.com that offer longer term parking. One has 21 days + extra days optional & one has unlimited parking if your still looking to go the hotel route.