Which is a better itinerary for weather in February? Eastern or western

Jrw118

I booked on the pride for February 2016 to the Bahamas and I am concerned about the weather. I have to travel that week so I have 2 other choices.

1) splendor -eastern Amber cove Dominican Republic, st. Thoma, Puerto Rico, and grand Turk out of Miami

2) dream - western Montego Bay Jamaica, grand cayman, Cozumel

Out of New Orleans.

Please help me choose. Thanks

We have cruised many times in January and February, and as anything else, the weather is hard to predict. We left out of New Orleans late January this year. Our sail away was cold, but our ports of Key West and The Bahamas were warm and sunny. In February of 2014 we cruised to Coz, Belize and Honduras. It was rainy everywhere with a little break in Cozumel. But then the year previous to that, we had perfect weather in the Western ports.

My personal opinion, do the Eastern. Either way you go, chances are it'll still be better than the snow and ice that much of the US will be dealing with!

Pete

Splendor it is.

Sailing out of New Orleans means that you may have some chilly and foggy days.

Regardless of departure port, the Splendor itinerary is WAY better anyway.

I booked on the pride for February 2016 to the Bahamas and I am concerned about the weather. I have to travel that week so I have 2 other choices.

1) splendor -eastern Amber cove Dominican Republic, st. Thoma, Puerto Rico, and grand Turk out of Miami

2) dream - western Montego Bay Jamaica, grand cayman, Cozumel

Out of New Orleans.

Please help me choose. Thanks

The reasons we've sailed the Pride in February, is because we live about 2 hrs. from Baltimore, we like a smaller ship, we like to get away from the snow, ice and cold weather. We've seen the ports on the itinerary many times before, but when we cruise in February, the itinerary isn't why we chose the cruise. We go to relax. We always get a great rate too. We would be sailing on the Pride again in Feb. 2016 but our friends are doing a cruise on the Pride this September, and we're going with them on the same Bahamas cruise from Baltimore for the third time. We still wanted to get away in Feb. 2016, so we'll be trying the Grandeur from Baltimore with a similar itinerary.

I can tell you, on the Feb. cruises we've taken, it warmed up about a day and a half after leaving Baltimore, although not really warm enough to swim, at least not for me, but way better than 30 degrees. It was easier to pack for Feb., it just seemed more casual. I will say this, both Feb. trips, it was a little cooler than normal in Fla. In Nassau, it was in the mid to high 80's, and it was warmer yet in Freeport; temps about 85+, and rather humid one year. But.....if you're interested in the itinerary, the Splendor would probably be a better choice, and you wouldn't have to worry about inclement weather trying to get to the port.