Citi Card Gift Certificate

kapcruiser

I completely paid for everything on my cruise 2 weeks ago with egift cards from Citi. It saved us 10% across the board. I ended up buying 6 or so, 3 were used to pay for the cruise and the other 3 went with us. I added them onto the S&S account at the kiosk in the lobby, took about a minute each and it printed a receipt showing the credit.

I'm not sure if OP is talking about the Carnival gift certificates through Citi's Thank You Rewards, but these gift certificates do have certain restrictions. One example is in the T&C is says "Certificates are not accepted for existing reservations and can only be used toward new bookings." Unlike the gift cards that don't have restrictions.

I checked my redemption options on Citi Thank You Rewards and I don't even see Carnival gift cards as an option, only the gift certificates. I really don't want to order the gift certificates because of all the restrictions and would prefer to get the gift cards instead.

Same here. I've used these in the past and you can only use them on new bookings. I don't see gift cards either, just those certificates.

The "Citi Easy Deals" have eGift Cards.

$100 gift card costs 10 points + $90.00

The terms state:

Carnival eGift Cards can be used for almost anything: towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise,activities/shore excursions, and redeemed onboard toward the Sail & Sign account for gifts, drinks, and fun.

OK this is a totally different program than the certificates offered for purchase with points. for 10,000 thank you points you get a free 100$ certificate which can only be used on new bookings.

Don't even know about citi easy deals program.