Thomson Spirit Cabin Advice

Hi, booked Spirit for next Summer and have opted for two cabins on deck two for our older children, single 728 and twin 698 as we wanted them close together. A little worried now as I've just been reading back through this forum and noticed that someone has said that cabins near the rear of deck 2 are noisy and (more worryingly) smell of diesel. Can anyone confirm if this is likely to be true for these cabins please?

I can understand your concern. I must have been reading / viewing the same reviews as you and as a result we have upgraded.

It seems that the noise is not in every cabin, it appears to be one, two miss a few depending on pipes etc. Perhaps someone on here will know about the specific cabins you mention.

Hi, booked Spirit for next Summer and have opted for two cabins on deck two for our older children, single 728 and twin 698 as we wanted them close together. A little worried now as I've just been reading back through this forum and noticed that someone has said that cabins near the rear of deck 2 are noisy and (more worryingly) smell of diesel. Can anyone confirm if this is likely to be true for these cabins please?

We have just come back from a great cruise on the Spirit. We were in cabin 699 which is on the other side of the ship(odds along one side evens along the other) we asked for this cabin. You do feel the vibration wherever you are but its not too bad. It's midship so you feel very little movement. Also we found it very quiet. We love the Spirit and are sad that next year is her last. We never smelled diesel. I don't think 728 is very far from 698 but I'm not sure. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Please ask and will help if I can with anything.

We have just come back from a great cruise on the Spirit. We were in cabin 699 which is on the other side of the ship(odds along one side evens along the other) we asked for this cabin. You do feel the vibration wherever you are but its not too bad. It's midship so you feel very little movement. Also we found it very quiet. We love the Spirit and are sad that next year is her last. We never smelled diesel. I don't think 728 is very far from 698 but I'm not sure. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Please ask and will help if I can with anything.

Thank you that's very reassuring. 728 is just the other side of the lifts to 698 so not too far, and they are both inside cabins so hopefully will be quiet too. Glad you didn't detect any smell of diesel.