TUI Discovery May 2017

Hi,

Just weighing up a cruise for 27/05/17 when missus free (school hols) , and this came up after search All inclusive 14 days Magic of Spain .

Anyone have any idea whether there will be lots of families/children on board as schools out ?

We travelled on this ship when it was the "Splendour of The Seas" back in Sept 2001 and really enjoyed it .

Many thanks

Working in school myself we have always gone on the school holiday sailing and never had a problem as long as you dont sit round the main pool where all the families tend to sit .there are plenty of decks and sunbeds away fro the families .to be honest i find the ages are well varied and hardly see any children about the hip id say book it:):):):)

I would say read the previous posts on here and TA as the school holiday period is not a good time to be aboard unless the kids are your own.

I would avoid it unless there is no other alternative time to cruise.

We traveled a couple of weeks after the school holidays and there were 2 babies and 2 small children aboard on the Discovery and they were no bother at all but during the holidays it seems like bedlam.

SAC

Thanks for reply , not much choice in time as missus works at local school so tied to their hols periods .

Choose another line then. Thomson are gearing themselves towards families. Our cruise on discovery was a nightmare because of the 300 plus children, mostly out of control with no supervision from parents or crew. They would have to pay me to take another cruise in the holidays. We are similarly tied as mrs S2B is a childminder but the cruise was so bad, we are going land based next year, may cruise in 2018, but not Thomson.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That cruise is now sold out so we are looking at other alternatives now .

Look at celebrity or P&O. Far superior in our experience and about the same price. I am about to get flamed by all the die hard Thomson fans on here!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by shot2bits