Fun Beach Day

IslandDreamers

Hi there. We, too, will be sailing on the Jewel of the Seas...in Feb. 2015. I have been looking for things to do on Martinique also. I figure if all else fails we will just get off the ship and stroll around for awhile and get back on the ship and have a relaxing day on board.

From what I've read it sounds like Anse Migan beach is a favorite and they say there is a bar and several restaurants close by.

I think you have to take a ferry to the beach. Ferry runs every 30 minutes.

I hope you post on this thread after you return.....I'm curious to know what your thoughts are and what you ended up doing while there.

~Jill

Hi there. We, too, will be sailing on the Jewel of the Seas...in Feb. 2015. I have been looking for things to do on Martinique also. I figure if all else fails we will just get off the ship and stroll around for awhile and get back on the ship and have a relaxing day on board.

From what I've read it sounds like Anse Migan beach is a favorite and they say there is a bar and several restaurants close by.

I think you have to take a ferry to the beach. Ferry runs every 30 minutes.

I hope you post on this thread after you return.....I'm curious to know what your thoughts are and what you ended up doing while there.

~Jill

I will update it for sure.

My friend (who is also a beach bum) only walked around town. I'm not sure why she didn't venture out to the beach. I think the ferry thing turns people off to the idea.

??

We too are going on Jewel- next week! :)

Hi - we took the ferry (right at the cruise port) to Pointe du Bout. There is a beach and hotel there and they rent chairs and have a bar/restaurant over the water. It was easy to get there. There is a small town with some shops, bakeries, etc.

It does help to bring some Euros. The ferry accepted Euros or USD, but I think we used Euros for the restaurant.

Enjoy!

We were in Martinique last year and took a tour off of the ship. We went on a panoramic coastal drive and spent time at a beach - Pointe Marina. The beach and facilities were dirty and had no chairs or umbrellas to rent. Traffic was terrible. I would not recommend this at all. When we returned to the ship, they gave everyone who complained half of their money back...I have never expected to have money returned after a excursion. Apparently there is always an exception!

We were in Martinique last year and took a tour off of the ship. We went on a panoramic coastal drive and spent time at a beach - Pointe Marina. The beach and facilities were dirty and had no chairs or umbrellas to rent. Traffic was terrible. I would not recommend this at all. When we returned to the ship, they gave everyone who complained half of their money back...I have never expected to have money returned after a excursion. Apparently there is always an exception!

I went on the same excursion in 11/13. I felt that the beach was OK, but there was way too much driving and I agree about the traffic. I saw a lot of the island, but I wouldn't recommend this tour.