Have you been to the Holland House Beach Resort?

weebo

We are looking for a nice beach with comfortable lounge chairs, umbrellas, and a bar in St. Martin and I saw someone mention the Holland House Beach Resort.

We aren't interested in Orient beach; if I remember correctly, the person who mentioned Holland House said there were less vendors and no nudists there as opposed to Orient beach.

Can you tell me where the Holland House beach is located (Dutch side, I think...) and how long it takes to get there from cruise port?

Also, if there is another beach we should consider, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

We are looking for a nice beach with comfortable lounge chairs, umbrellas, and a bar in St. Martin and I saw someone mention the Holland House Beach Resort.

We aren't interested in Orient beach; if I remember correctly, the person who mentioned Holland House said there were less vendors and no nudists there as opposed to Orient beach.

Can you tell me where the Holland House beach is located (Dutch side, I think...) and how long it takes to get there from cruise port?

Also, if there is another beach we should consider, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

It is a two minute walk from where the water taxi would let you off - or about a twenty minute walk from the cruise terminal. It really is not a "beach resort" - just a good hotel and restaurant on the beach in the center of Phillipsburg. You can rent chairs an umbrellas for a reasonable price, but there have been reports of pollution in the water - so while the beach is pleasant, it might not be ideal for swimming.

Dawn Beach also on the Dutch side is about 15 minutes by taxi ($7 per person) - good restaurant, great swimming, possibly some small waves.

We've walked to Holland House from the pier on two occasions for drinks on the patio. The beach isn't as nice as the ones on the French sides but if you just want some sun it's probably good enough. I've never been in the water on that side.

This link is the first of four photos taken from the patio at Holland House. http://www.svee.org/Vacation/2009-Celebrity-Solstice-Cruise/i-4WzHwJQ/A

Since you didn't mention swimming the Holland House might be a good spot for you. If there are a few ships in it will be rather lively as its on the boardwalk but the food is excellent and the washrooms are clean and if you walk through the hotel you will be on Front St and that's where the shopping is in town. You can see this beach from the pier. If walking so not a problem just follow the crowd to town and stick to the boardwalk and you will find it. Nudity will not be an issue.

We were on a cruise last week and the cruise ended in St. Maarten on Saturday, so we spent one night at Holland House before flying home yesterday. Although it is a very nice hotel, even on a Saturday, this place closes up it's streets so even restaurant options for dinner are going to be tough at this location unless you are one that likes eating at the hotel. Yes, they have beach facilities, but I think there are much better options around the island if that is your main goal. But the hotel is extremely nice so no complaints there. Just wasn't expecting it so over the top quiet on a Saturday night. Ended up taking a taxi to get dinner.

We have been thinking of doing the beach in front of Holland House or Dawn Beach. Can anyone tell me if there are restrooms available to the public and if they are clean etc. Just want to make sure of this. Also does anyone know the cost of chair rentals etc and does anyone know how or where to find up to date pollution reports?

Thanks

We have been thinking of doing the beach in front of Holland House or Dawn Beach. Can anyone tell me if there are restrooms available to the public and if they are clean etc. Just want to make sure of this. Also does anyone know the cost of chair rentals etc and does anyone know how or where to find up to date pollution reports?

Thanks

I wish they have posted updates re: water testing and results but they don't. Once a year or so Gary sees something in the local online newspaper and posts it.