Fantasy class ship with rollaway bed in cabin?

CruizCuz

I need help from anyone who has sailed on a Fantasy class ship and had 3 to a cabin. We will be in E64 for my mom's mobility issues. It is typically a 2 person cabin, and they are bringing in a rollaway bed. (There are not any pull down beds available). I have spent the past several hours searching for pictures showing the third bed in the room. Many people here on CC have suggested placing the beds in a "U" shape. One bed against the wall, another against the window and then the 3rd bed (rollaway) against the other wall. The pictures I have seen of OV cabins don't seem to have room. I have been on SEVERAL Fantasy class cruises, and can't for the life of me envision whether there is enough room for that configuration. I know the rollaway can always be folded up, but we would like to chat and nap. Especially with my mom needing rest in the afternoons. Does anyone know if the beds can be placed in the "U" shape?

When we sailed in this type cabin it was not a rollaway bed but small bed than was about 10 inch above the floor.

It was large enough for an adult but most of the times it is used for a child.

Z

Edited by Purvis1231
type

Reposting those pics...This is our inside on Faascination when we boarded, and after we changed the beds. There is a light for the bed on the side wall, indicating that the cabin was set up to handle this configuration:

enhance

enhance

This is another cabin with a rollaway bed in place (and a startled cabin attendant...)

enhance

Although these pics are of an inside cabin, the OV will be the same, just with a real window.

Questions like this are why I take pictures... EM

Reposting those pics...This is our inside on Faascination when we boarded, and after we changed the beds. There is a light for the bed on the side wall, indicating that the cabin was set up to handle this configuration:

enhance

enhance

This is another cabin with a rollaway bed in place (and a startled cabin attendant...)

enhance

Although these pics are of an inside cabin, the OV will be the same, just with a real window.

Questions like this are why I take pictures... EM

Oh my GOSH, Thank you! This is EXACTLY what I was hoping and looking for! You are very wise to take pictures. I will start, because I should have known the answer, having sailed in Fantasy classed cabins for SO many cruises!

I'm just off Fascination (in San Juan airport right now). Had me and my 2 boys. We didn't have a rollaway but had a trundle. It was horrible. I let my kids take the beds so they wouldn't complain all week. It was inches from the ground. The mattress was so old it was crushed to about 2" thick. They put the pillows on the end close to the other bed. But you can't lay down and see the tv that way. If you put your head at the other end you bang it on the counter because it's under the counter. I won't do that again.

I'm just off Fascination (in San Juan airport right now). Had me and my 2 boys. We didn't have a rollaway but had a trundle. It was horrible. I let my kids take the beds so they wouldn't complain all week. It was inches from the ground. The mattress was so old it was crushed to about 2" thick. They put the pillows on the end close to the other bed. But you can't lay down and see the tv that way. If you put your head at the other end you bang it on the counter because it's under the counter. I won't do that again.

I have been reassured that I won't have a trundle. CCL said the cot has been ordered for the room. Hopefully that will be more comfortable.