Flight Carrier changes

Hi all we have just found out, via the back door, that for our September 2017 cruise on Discovery our flight to and from Malaga will not be a Thomson one:mad: and although they have time slots, which for us are rubbish, they don't know yet which carrier it will be. We have never experienced this before and was wondering if anyone out there have experiences of it. The questions that arise are luggage weight hand and hold, is seat booking available and do they hold the ship if a replacement carrier is delayed. Our original paper work still shows a Tui flight but I phoned to check some payment details because the invoice price had gone down:(when they informed me that the cost of extra luggage (which I have to book for MrsPC) and seat booking had been removed as it was no longer their flight.

We have been with several other carriers on Thomson fly cruises from Scotland i.e. Monarch, EuropeAirPost, JetAirFly and BA! We still had 20kg hold luggage with them all but hand luggage allowance varied and we were left to find out for ourselves what the limit was. We could not prebook seats or print boarding passes although that is possible with some other carriers they use. (see the website). The BA flight was the best as it was a smaller plane and the seats were 2 and 2. However on the return journey from Palma they changed the plane and the flight no. but did not bother to tell us which caused some confusion. The plane which turned up had no logos or markings whatsoever, just a plain white plane which was a bit ghostly! I think they charter the whole plane so the ship would probably wait. Our flights were early morning so that problem did not arise. I wouldn't worry yet, it could all change before you go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update on the problems we have had on our flight carrier change, Thomson have agreed to transfer our flight from Birmingham to East Midland without any cost implications:D

I know we always report the problems we have with them but in this instance they have IMO been very professional and understanding, from my first contacts with the 'pre cruise team' it has only taken just over a week to resolve our problem and for me the receive my new contract.

In this instance 'good on you Thomson' try and keep it up;)

Several months ago we booked Discovery for 2 September 17. We have just been informed via our TA that our 1.30 pm return flight will now be 8.50 pm.Its very annoying when you book early to ensure you get the flights,itinery and cabin only to have changes made.We will make the best of it and go into Palma for a look around but it will be a long day when you have to be out of your cabin so early

Hi Ashby sounds like you are flying from Birmingham like us? Do you realise you will not be flying Thomson, so luggage allowance and seat reservation is unknown, this is why we have changed. We realise that you have almost an extra days holiday which some people would love but we hate to be waiting around on the last day especially when you've done two weeks.

They have previously had Germania from Aberdeen but I think it is EuropeAirPost (now called ASL Airways) now. We are also with ASL from Glasgow on 10th September and they have been delayed on the Palma flight frequently this summer. The flight is scheduled for 2.50pm departure so any delay means a really late arrival at Palma.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app