Venice to Malaga.

spunks

We would love to take the train from Venice to Malaga, but it has proved difficult to find fare information and time tables. I tried Loco2 and could only get ''no information available at this time no matter what dates I try it.The Man in seat 61 advised to book a leg to Marseille and then to Barcelona, but none of that works. What am I doing wrong?

Doug

We would love to take the train from Venice to Malaga, but it has proved difficult to find fare information and time tables. I tried Loco2 and could only get ''no information available at this time no matter what dates I try it.The Man in seat 61 advised to book a leg to Marseille and then to Barcelona, but none of that works. What am I doing wrong?

Doug

I managed to make a dummy booking for next week.

It came out at about 400 euro for the single journey :eek::eek::eek:

You would be travelling through three countries so I chose Trenitalia from Venice to Marseilles(a 10 hour journey changing in Milan) and Renfe Marseilles to Malaga (a 12 hour journey changing in Madrid). :eek::eek::eek:

I have travelled by train from Barcelona to Malaga via Madrid (and actually most people I know think that this is too long a journey to do by train, I only have done it because my travelling companion is a little bit phobic of being in a plane). I would not say it is a particularly beautiful journey. You see train stations. You see olives. You pass through Cordoba but the only reason I know is because of the sign - no views of the Mezquita. I have no idea about the route between Venice to Marseilles. (and it is not that I dislike trains, I have been on lovely train journeys - e.g.I would recommend travelling through Switzerland on a train)

To fly from Venice to Malaga you still have to change somewhere. Alitalia take you to FCO so that would probably be the best route to look at first.

If it were me I would get to Malaga as quickly as possible and then take the train to Ronda for a half day and go to Granada for a full day - in the time that you would have spent looking at all of the boring train tracks between Venice and Andalucia.

Edited by ollienbertsmum

I am afraid that this is incorrect as Ryanair fly direct from Venice to Malaga for around 100 Euros.

That is good to know. It is a trip I really want to make some time soon. I thought we would have to change somewhere.

And to the OP - wise decision. That really would not have been a pleasant way to spend a vacation!!

Edited by ollienbertsmum