Lunch Recommendations

LParente

Looking for a nice beach front place for lunch while on a Victor Bodden tour. Any suggestions?

Sent from my KFJWA using Forums mobile app

Trust victor's drivers on this. Just tell them you want a nice local place. but don't want the beach vendors badgering you. They'll know where to go. But if you want to toss out a couple of places, depending on where you are on the island, Bite on the Beach in West End, Celeste's in West Bay (grab the beleadas and head down Bananarama's drive and eat on the beach), Temporary Cal's in First Bight. I think one of the driver's relatives has a place in Flowers Bay (Haydee's Diner?) that a small almost hole in the wall spot but great food.

I'll second Bite on the Beach - the seafood is excellent, you can get a table overlooking the water and maybe see some moray eels hanging out between the rocks. (they feed them at night).

Otherwise I would choose Foster's or Infinity Bay for seafood, although Bananarama's is good for hamburgers.

We asked Tex, our VB driver for the day, to take us to Celeste's for lunch. Their baleadas are very good. The restaurant is part of the West Bay Lodge complex and right down the road from Infinity Bay resort.

I'd insist on and eat at one of the places on West Bay. Infinity Bay Resort has a nice outdoor restaurant with good view or Bananarama is fun and often has music around lunch time and can be crowded. So plan a little earlier or later lunch there. I wouldn't go to Celeste's if you want to be on the beach. You'd have to take your food to go as stated and find someplace to eat on the beach. Nor woould I let them take me to a realative or friends local restaurant. UNLESS you are interested in trying home cooked local food and not interested in beach atmosphere and fun.

If you are dropped on West Bay, just walk the beach and stop when you find something that you'd like.:) THe fish at most places is darn good.

Edited by eandj

Trust victor's drivers on this. Just tell them you want a nice local place. but don't want the beach vendors badgering you. They'll know where to go. But if you want to toss out a couple of places, depending on where you are on the island, Bite on the Beach in West End, Celeste's in West Bay (grab the beleadas and head down Bananarama's drive and eat on the beach), Temporary Cal's in First Bight. I think one of the driver's relatives has a place in Flowers Bay (Haydee's Diner?) that a small almost hole in the wall spot but great food.

We are going to try Temporary Cal's next month, the views look amazing as well as the food. : )