Cruise to NewEngland/Canada balcony??

cruzilove

Yes! You'll appreciate having the scenery right outside your window, and if the public decks become too cool or windy, your balcony will be cozier and a bit more sheltered from the elements.

But, I would only do it if the price difference wasn't tremendous. Otherwise, I would take an OV or an inside, and but the additional money towards onboard expenses, excursions or my next cruise.

Edited by DonnaK

Yes, the balcony is worth it! We went on this cruise about two years ago in the middle of September and the wind was cool at times, but the sights we were able to see were awesome. We left out of NYC and you could not get close to the railing during sail away, so we went down to our balcony and we passed the Statue of Liberty and it was breathtaking. Leaving Portland, ME at sunset and passing the lighthouse at dusk was unforgettable and it was all from my balcony!!!! Our pictures were fantastic!

Spurge if you can!!

Yes, the balcony is worth it! We went on this cruise about two years ago in the middle of September and the wind was cool at times, but the sights we were able to see were awesome. We left out of NYC and you could not get close to the railing during sail away, so we went down to our balcony and we passed the Statue of Liberty and it was breathtaking. Leaving Portland, ME at sunset and passing the lighthouse at dusk was unforgettable and it was all from my balcony!!!! Our pictures were fantastic!

Spurge if you can!!

What side of the ship were you on...port or starboard ?

Yes, I agree that a balcony is worth it! We always book a stateroom with a balcony.

Here is an example of why we enjoy it. We went on this itinerary on the Caribbean Princess. We were on the starboard side of the ship in R409. This was in early October. We were on our balcony a lot. We left out of Brooklyn and during sailaway, we passed the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. After the cruise was over, the ship returned to Brooklyn and docked in the same position so we were able to see them again.

It was an unforgettable experience and my wife's pictures are amazing. If you're interested, you can see the pictures she made into slideshows for her website at the link below

NEW ENGLAND/CANADA CRUISE

Happy cruising. It's a great way to explore the world1

Edited by JimAOk1945

• 5 months later...