Getaway - Kids pool chairs

KarimaJ

I have seen many threads about the tiny pool areas on the Getaway. My question is about the chairs near the kids pool. Do those fill up fast? They look like they are under and awning of some sort and shaded. Are there many chairs? I have an 11 year old so I need to keep and eye but not necessarily on the edge of the pool if you know what I mean. Can you see the pool from the chairs? Thanks!

The set up by the kids pool makes keeping g a eye on the kids nearly impossible!! We always found a lounge charity as a meeting place but after that, the kids were off. If you need to supervise, you need to sit on the bench by the pool and the water slides dump out all over the place so you are really watching to see them climb the stairs. I stayed in one spot so they knew where to find me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

There are loungers by the sides of the ship, but because of the placement of the exit from the purple water slide and the kids water park, it will be nearly impossible to monitor the kids pool from these. There should be a small row of chairs (not loungers) against the wall near the opening to the pathway to the main (adult) pool, but these can fill up fast. I agree with the above comment that if you want to monitor your child, you really need to sit right at the edge of the pool, or on the ledge dividing the pool from the aqua park.

I would also add that you are smart to monitor your child, even though your child is 11. My kids are strong swimmers but I still watched them like a hawk. The kids pool is really deep (kids can't stand in it) and there are LOTS of kids in it jumping and splashing around.

That's what I was afraid of. Sounds like they really make it difficult for parents. She is a strong swimmer but yes, I always keep an eye out. In crowded conditions all it take one mis-step or kick the wrong way. Well guess I need to deal with it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app