Help with hotels in Ft. Laud.- can't decide!

pe4all

We will be sailing Christmas '08 on Miracle. Will be flying into FLL 3 days pre-cruise. Right now I have 2 hotels booked - Embassy Suites 17th St, which I have heard nice things about, and the Courtyard Ft. Laud. Beach. Can't make a decision on where to stay - don't really want to hold both rooms, as we don't want to be a "room hog", especially during Christmas week. Pros of Embassy Suites: bigger rooms/beds, closer to port, more than $100 per room less per nite (we have 3 rooms), free breakfast, cocktail party, lots to do in area- water taxi, etc.. Cons: not on beach Pros of Courtyard: right on beach , seems kinda nice to spend 3 days on beach. Cons: way more expensive, farther from port.

Any and all opinions will be appreciated! Haven't been to Ft. Laud in a few years, and when we were, we stayed at Holiday Inn Seaport/Airpt, which was fine for one night, but kinda in the middle of nowhere. Oh yeah - no rental car - will be taxi-ing it around!

The Courtyard isn't on the beach, it's across a very busy street from the beach. Embassy Suites is a better choice in lodging for all of the reasons you listed. In addition you can walk to dozens of nearby restaurants and shops that are not readily available to Courtyard guests. Furthermore, no need for taxi, you can take the Sun Trolley to the beach from the Embassy Suites. It passes your hotel every 15 minutes, for 50 cents you can't beat it. There's plenty of showers and places to change on the beach. It's a no-brainer, go with the Embassy Suites. ;)

There are only 2 hotels on the beach in Ft Lauderdale. The Marriott and The Sheraton Yankee Clipper. We always stay at the Sheraton, it is affordable, you can walk to restaurants on A1A. The hotel rooms overlook the ocean. We love the Sheraton.

There are only 2 hotels on the beach in Ft Lauderdale. The Marriott and The Sheraton Yankee Clipper. We always stay at the Sheraton, it is affordable, you can walk to restaurants on A1A. The hotel rooms overlook the ocean. We love the Sheraton.

Close gotsand, there's 4 hotels directly on the beach in Ft Lauderdale, the two you mentioned, the Lago Mar (Ft Lauderdales nicest hotel) and the Pelican Beach Resort.

Thanks so much for the replies so far. Had no idea there was something called the Sun Trolley! That kinda makes the decision a bit easier, as we definitely want to hit the beach at some point. I know the Courtyard was "across the street" from the beach, but within walking distance. I guess for the $100 per nite savings, we should go with the Embassy Suites. Anyone else?

Thanks so much for the replies so far. Had no idea there was something called the Sun Trolley! That kinda makes the decision a bit easier, as we definitely want to hit the beach at some point. I know the Courtyard was "across the street" from the beach, but within walking distance. I guess for the $100 per nite savings, we should go with the Embassy Suites. Anyone else?

I agree to stay at The Embassy Suites. There is a lot to do within walking distance aside from taking the Sun Trolley.

Archived