Dover hotels?

phabric

Have you thought about staying in the lovely quaint city of Canterbury? It is only 20 minutes or so from Dover and the accommodations and restaurants are much better. Easy walking to lots of very interesting sites. We stayed there for 2 nights before our cruise out of Dover and loved it. Stayed at the Abode Hotel which is in the pedestrian area. Used Dover Taxis to take us on a 4 hour tour of the Dover area prior to dropping us off at the cruise terminal. Malchomb was a fabulous driver and guide.

We love Canterbury, but DH and I have been there twice. We opted to get a car from London to Dover and stayed at the Norman Guest House, a B&B. It was walking distance to the Castle, the waterfront, and some good restaurants. The morning of the cruise our hosts called a cab for us and we were at the port in 10 minutes.

I have also stayed at the Premier Inn in Dover. Fine just for a night and serves it purpose. Dover isn't the nicest of towns, so if you want to stay somewhere nicer have a look at local B and Bs in the surrounding areas. Places like St Margarets at Cliffe have a nice hotel and some BBs. Deal or Sandwich could be other options. Plenty of places to stay around there. I think Sandwich is particularly attractive.

A guide like Sawdays is a good place to start.