Drop off point for Irie Tours- Mambo Beach

Seany527

Irie Tours is dropping us off at Mambo beach for an hour. Has anyone decided to stay at the beach after the tour bus left? How difficult would it be to get a cab back? From what I have seen, most people had a set time with the taxi driver who dropped them off, to pick them up again. Any insight would be great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love love love Mambo beach! No need for water shoes. I have taken a taxi coming and going...no worries there. In 2014 I was also on Irie and only 2 couples from the tour decided to stay there longer than the given hour (us being one of them) for $5 more per couple the bus came back like 3 hrs lastter and brought the 4 of us back to the ship.

I guess I can answer my own question now and for anyone else who wants to know.

The tour allowed for one hour of beach time but Irie Tours offered us 3 options before we departed the bus. One option was to go right back to the ship and cut the tour short by an hour. The next was to do 1 hour on the beach, or for no additional charge, 2 hours on the beach. The majority of people chose two hours. We ended up only staying an hour and going back with Irie Tours so no cab was needed.

Overall, I was not a fan of the beach. It was very very packed and the sand wasn't super nice. I will say the water was beautiful though. I had read water shoes were needed for this beach so I went out and purchased a pair. Then I forgot them on the cruise ship. However, I didn't need them at all.

• 2 weeks later...