Allure of the Seas B2B Nov 15-29th, Periscope, Snaps, Compass, Q&A, just having fun

It's been two years since I was on Allure and then the Internet was slow and spotty so much so we even got a small credit, but wow have times changed!

Each week we run 2 devices for $134 total both can stream movies, FaceTime, periscope never an issue I've run speedtest a few times and I'm averaging 9-17 Mb downloads and solid 10-12Mb uploads that's actually fantastic to me vs just 2 years ago.

Geeks like me are very happy, this week we have so many more kids with phones so I'm sure they are in full stress mode and yet things still seem strong so that's a plus too!

I've never cruised before but this is awesome! We bought the package for 2 devices.

The pirate day thing we didn't know about but everyone got a bandana with a pirate skull on it, Julia said a few kids had costumes but most just had the bandana they had fun doing a pirate walk thru the boardwalk area ;)

Will ;)

Enjoying your review and really appreciate you posting the compasses. How great that you're able to do B2B.

Going back to your post about the pirate event. I've noticed some kind of pirate parade listed in the past on cruise compass as well for 6 - 8 year olds. Is this what you are referring to? If so, is this something that you need to be there with them? Or do they go with the Kids Club and you pick them up at the kids area afterwards?

Edited by LuCruise

Enjoying your review and really appreciate you posting the compasses. How great that you're able to do B2B.

Going back to your post about the pirate event. I've noticed some kind of pirate parade listed in the past on cruise compass as well for 6 - 8 year olds. Is this what you are referring to? If so, is this something that you need to be there with them? Or do they go with the Kids Club and you pick them up at the kids area afterwards?

Julia said they did some pirate stuff like songs coloring etc then did a walk of the boardwalk area for a mini parade we didn't go with and didn't see the parade but it was just part of that day's events.

One day they did a mini talent show and I'd say about 2/3 of the parents were there they would ask the kids their names and where they were from and whatnot but I'd say 1 out of 3 was doing their talent portion with no parent there it was a cute show too ;)

For the most part everything they do is pretty self sufficient with them as a group heading to eat or do mini walks or hunts for fuzz bot etc ;)

Julia said they did some pirate stuff like songs coloring etc then did a walk of the boardwalk area for a mini parade we didn't go with and didn't see the parade but it was just part of that day's events.

One day they did a mini talent show and I'd say about 2/3 of the parents were there they would ask the kids their names and where they were from and whatnot but I'd say 1 out of 3 was doing their talent portion with no parent there it was a cute show too ;)

For the most part everything they do is pretty self sufficient with them as a group heading to eat or do mini walks or hunts for fuzz bot etc ;)

Thanks for the feedback. We have the comedy show booked when it's going on which is why I asked (and thus, why our kids will go to the kids club that night)....but I think it's something my DD would enjoy.

Do you remember when they did the talent show? That would be cute.

Hope you had a nice day in St Thomas.

Sorry for asking again, but does anyone know how you check your kids into Adventure Ocean before the cruise?...

You check your kids into AO on the first day of the cruise. Can't do it before the cruise.

Edited by clarea

It's fast and easy to register for adventure ocean day one aboard, there is a quick form asking about medications or issues/allergies and then info of who can pick the kids up turn that in you're set ;)

I've spoke. With the crew of adventure ocean a few times last week when it was slow they were talking about this week thanksgiving being mad with a thousand + kids onboard but they also mentioned we will see who registers meaning even they don't know till people get onboard and register as to who all will be IN adventure Ocean groups.

no worries registration is fast and easy and even into day two I saw parents coming in with kids to register which did slow the lines down a bit but I was trying to focus on being on vacation :).

This is the first cruise we have had lines picking up or dropping off those halls get very busy on holiday weeks last week in contrast I saw under a half dozen kids many days now average 50+ in every room even at the start of the day.

Edited by WillandStacey

We have enjoyed our two cruises here but the difference between these two weeks is night and day, even in main dining room it is so crowded and loud we couldn't even hear ourselves at the table, I actually got up and left before desert I couldn't take the sound it was just soo loud!

Places I usually go for some quiet were all just packed cafe prominafe for coffee in mornings just busy and louder than last week, yesterday hit Central Park which is normally pretty peaceful we had 6 little kids who we couldn't identify a parent just chasing running screaming theowing some little boomerang thing guess I am getting old but I was looking for a quiet space.

My next attempt was the solarium thinking it would be nicer but it was just packed! I've spent more time moving around to find a quieter spot than ever here, my moms in a scooter and this is much harder for her this week too elevators are hardest due to being full and it sure feels like they need an elevator rules sheet or something lol

We are having fun but this week is quite different than last week for sure, I won't attempt to cruise on a holiday again that's all ;)

My next attempt was the solarium thinking it would be nicer but it was just packed! I've spent more time moving around to find a quieter spot than ever here,

We are having fun but this week is quite different than last week for sure, I won't attempt to cruise on a holiday again that's all ;)

Everyone has the same idea: escape to the solarium!! Lol. Hey, there is a library onboard on deck 11. There is also a card room on14. You can't enjoy the outside in those rooms but maybe there will be some quiet?

Went to the cafe for some coffee to take meds and there was a full fledged football game going on right in front of cafe and guest services I just got my coffee and left ;)

Never saw anything like this on past cruises I'll be checking out the 29097000134737 later for sure I brought earplugs for sleeping I may take them to dinner, last night we were trying to have a conversation and we couldn't even hear ourselves which now that I look back was kinda funny just trying to roll with it and enjoy these last few days on the flip side I've seen some adorable kids and well mannered ones too ;)

Thank you so much for posting all this great info on the Allure OTS. I'm sorry this week is not as great as last week. I have been on 20 cruises which includes sailing on RCCL, Carnival, NCL,Princess, Celebrity, and Holland America. I never cruise on holidays,spring breaks, or when school is out.I have enjoyed cruising without those headaches. Thank you once again. My wife and I will cruise on Allure in February 2016