Extra activities on transatlantics

poinsettiaplate

I am considering a 16 night transatlantic on the Quest in November 2017, which has 7 consecutive sea days. What additional onboard activities does Azamara provide on this type of cruise? I am especially interested in craft projects. On a recent similar cruise with Crystal, we had free needlepoint kits with an instruction session every morning and informal group every afternoon; a knitting instructor and group every day; an art instructor and session and every day; and a number of others. On others, I have done jewelry of various types.

How big is the library? and is there a paperback book exchange?

I am considering a 16 night transatlantic on the Quest in November 2017, which has 7 consecutive sea days. What additional onboard activities does Azamara provide on this type of cruise? I am especially interested in craft projects. On a recent similar cruise with Crystal, we had free needlepoint kits with an instruction session every morning and informal group every afternoon; a knitting instructor and group every day; an art instructor and session and every day; and a number of others. On others, I have done jewelry of various types.

How big is the library? and is there a paperback book exchange?

I have done four TA's. There is usually 3 guest lecture types, an art instructor with classes everyday, a bridge instructor with daily games, and an enrichment-type lecturer (history, economics, astronomy etc.). I have seen both knitting, zumba, and bead classes, but these depend on the staff. I remember the harp player (now defunct) organized the knitting, and the dancer Sasha held the jewlery making. Several TA's had choir, and a talent show. The big event on the TA's is the cumulative crossing Trivia which is great fun. Probably half the passengers take part in teams of 10, with no clear winner until the last day when questions are 1million points a question. There are three other daily general knowledge/music trivias as well.

Remember if there is ANYTHING you want to do on your vacation, the staff will go above and beyond to make it happen.

The library is very well stocked and there is full bookcase with books left by passengers that are free to borrow for the trip home.:)

I know in the past, we have organized knitting groups or general crafting groups on our own in the roll call for our cruise. Ask if there are others who would like to gather together in a designated spot, perhaps mid morning on sea days to work on craft projects.....you may be surprised how many people will show up!

I did love those needlepoint kits provided on other cruise lines. One lady brought lots of old patterns for knitting and used crafting magazines, etc for others to take home with them. It was a great way to recycle her patterns and crafting magazines!

Good luck!

I have seen bring sewing machines, beading supplies, knitting supplies, watercolor art supplies, doll making supplies....you name it.....it is fun to watch all the various crafts going on

Edited by takemewithyou