Shuttles from Miami airport to Port Everglades for cruise

ianmerc03

Has anyone had recent experiences on shuttles from Miami airport to Fort Lauderdale cruise port. We leave on Independence of the seas on Oct 4th and our flight arrives at 6am. Looking for a reliable and recommended shuttle service. We don't want to wait at the airport for RCL shuttle because it does not start until 1030 which means hanging around for 4 hours. There will be my Father who is in his 80's and myself. We arrive on American Airlines. Also how long does shuttle take approx? I know of several shuttles from the internet but would like to hear from someone who used them recently.

How many in your party? :confused:

Super Shuttle, American Shuttle (MIA based) and Go Airport (FLL based) should be able to take you from MIA to PE in about an hour (depending upon traffic) and should be able to give you an on-line quote.

I would also check with Larry's Limos - might save you $$ if you have 4 or more travelling compared to per person shuttles, and for sure will be a nicer ride.

A taxi on the same route will run about $80+tip

You might think about grabbing breakfast at MIA before you head out - if you arrive at PE at 8:00 or so you'll have about a 3 hour wait for boarding as passengers from the previous cruise will be leaving until about 10.

Just called Larry's Limos based on the recommendation of JohninDC above and Yelp. We are being picked up at MIA and dropped off in Plantation near our kids and it is the same amount of money that we have paid in the past for this service ($75 plus 20% tip). Our previous van service must have gone out of business. So glad I came to my trusted CC website. Thanks, John!!!

sheila

I saw another one called port Everglades express only $17 per person which seems awfully cheap. I am wary of that which is why I ask if anyone can recommend from recent experiences. Thanks

That sounds in the ballpark for a shared shuttle van. SAS and GO from FLL to Port of Miami are in the $15-18 range for shared vans. What are you planning to do to fill time until you can even get in the terminal? Also, I would call whatever shuttle you do plan to use to find out what time they start running, especially to the port.

To the original thread starter: The price of $17.00 is about right for a shuttle from Miami Airport to Ft. Lauderdale Cruise port. Have you been to Ft. Lauderdale before. If you get in at 6:00 am and get a shuttle to the ship, you'll still have several hours before you can board the ship even if you are Diamond class. We boarded on a RCCL ship at 11:00 a.m. two years ago. Why not arrange for a service that will take you for a tour of Ft. Lauderdale. You can also find out if you can drop off your luggage at the ship early, take a shuttle to Ft. Lauderdale and then hire a cab to drive you around the swanky area of Ft Lauderdale. There are cabs all around the cruise ship area.

Sheila

To the original thread starter: The price of $17.00 is about right for a shuttle from Miami Airport to Ft. Lauderdale Cruise port.

Sheila

I think that sounds very low - previous quotes for shared shuttle service between the MIA airport and Port Everglades were in the $30-40 per person range.

Shared shuttles between the FLL area and POM typically run about $15 per person, but that is a much more popular and well serviced route.

According to their website http://www.portevergladesexpress.com/bookeoreservation.html

The price is $17 pp for a shared ride MIA to PE or PE to MIA

they have several time slots to choose from

If you arrive a 6 am just go have breakfast in the the terminal until 9 or 10 am pick up time

it would be unlikely any cruise line will be picking people up at 6am for a tour :rolleyes:

We arrive on AA and will be able to go in to Admirals club and have coffee and a bite to eat. My dad is 82 and is less inclined to do any tours and I have been to Fort Lauderdale several times. We plan on going to the port around 930 or 10. From feedback on here and research we won't have a problem getting shuttles around that time. My only concerns is the reliability of them. A price of $17 is almost half of any other service. Hence my asking of any experiences anyone has with them. Super shuttle is also an option but I have never used them either. I value all responses and any to come. Thanks ever so much

We arrive on AA and will be able to go in to Admirals club and have coffee and a bite to eat. My dad is 82 and is less inclined to do any tours and I have been to Fort Lauderdale several times. We plan on going to the port around 930 or 10. From feedback on here and research we won't have a problem getting shuttles around that time. My only concerns is the reliability of them. A price of $17 is almost half of any other service. Hence my asking of any experiences anyone has with them. Super shuttle is also an option but I have never used them either. I value all responses and any to come. Thanks ever so much

Not sure when you are cruising but there is another thread on PE Express the people are using it in Nov

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2257763

I have not heard of being able to use the lounge on inbound flights can you do that in MIA?

If not plenty of coffee places

enjoy

Thanks to all who responded. I ended up booking Larrys limos one way from airport to port. It's a very good deal at $70 plus gratuity 20% and $3 airport pick up fee. Total $87. On the return it would be $102 because there is a $15 port pickup fee. I did not book the return. Instead I booked the Royal Caribean transfer for $60 total. I thought it might be a good idea to get the trip off to a great start by paying a little more for a limo.

• 2 weeks later...