Malaga car hire at end of the cruise

t60

We are disembarking at Malaga and need to hire a car for 1 day so we can drive from Malaga to our home in Almeria, leaving the car at Almeria airport. Would it be better to hire the car from the Railway station in Malaga or Malaga airport, we will need a taxi to get to either of them

Sandy in Spain

The railway station rental would be easier to access than the airport. Getting into the car rental companies at the airport is very difficult from the outside. They are positioned for dealing with customers arriving by air.

Perhaps the off airport hire companies would be easier than those ones inside the airport.

However I feel the most important element of your search is the 'one way rental'. You need a rental company that operates in both Malaga and Almeria airport. Both Europcar, Budget and Avis have offices in both locations.

While one-way rentals directly with the companies can result in one-way fees being added, I usually use a broker if I know I am not going to cancel.

I used to use GoldCar for one-way rentals and their system of returning the car empty is a little complicated as they charge you for the first tank of gas, while their rates are sometimes better than most. I notice to Almeria they have started charging a one-way fee of over 100 euros.

Arrow Car dot es is a broker that I use often on the Costa del Sol and the one-way fees are sometimes waived depending on the booking.

Be sure to read the cancelation policy if you use this broker or Auto Europe dot com to book a car.

The good thing about Arrow is that everything can be handled in English and they deal with any problems with the rental companies they use.

I guess you probably wanted to avoid the 3.5 hour bus ride and enjoy your trip, but booking these buses in advance can be very inexpensive if that is of interest and you have a bus about every 2 hours leaving Malaga.

Thanks MADflyer. As we have a 7hr coach journey to Madrid before flying to join our cruise, I thought we might be "coached out" hence thought of car hire which ending at Almeria airport is closer to our home. Originally looking at Eurocar.

I like the idea of asking them to meet us at the Sea Port

Sandy in Spain