Vision of the Seas May 18 & Radiance NB May 27

Yukon

What a great review of one of my favorite places! Your pictures of Anchorage had me homesick as one of my favorite activities growing up was to go out to the airport and watch the planes come and go.

>>Did your wife use a tripod of lenses at all with her S1?<<

No, the S1 is very much meant as a point-and-shoot. She actually didn't use it a lot this year - she took about 150 pictures, I took 1,900. She takes pictures to preserve the memory, I take them because I love taking pictures (and this year I have the better camera).

Murray

>>Did your wife use a tripod of lenses at all with her S1?<<

No, the S1 is very much meant as a point-and-shoot. She actually didn't use it a lot this year - she took about 150 pictures, I took 1,900. She takes pictures to preserve the memory, I take them because I love taking pictures (and this year I have the better camera).

Murray

The reason I ask is because I have the S3 and I find that I have to brace myself to not get blur. (I guess I don't have a steady hand.....)

How did you get to the Deer Mountain facility? How long were you there? Do you know if they have a website? (Trying to see if I have time for that & fishing.)

The reason I ask is because I have the S3 and I find that I have to brace myself to not get blur. (I guess I don't have a steady hand.....)

How did you get to the Deer Mountain facility? How long were you there? Do you know if they have a website? (Trying to see if I have time for that & fishing.)

You must have a Very Unsteady hand - I'm amazed at how good the Image Stabilisation is on the S1 even in low light

You're gone to last year's review - we didn't go to Ketchikan this year. We walked to the Deer Mountain facility, though - the whole visit including travel was bout 2 hours.

Murray

You must have a Very Unsteady hand - I'm amazed at how good the Image Stabilisation is on the S1 even in low light

LOL~I knew I should lay off the alcohol.

In all seriousness though--I don't think I do!!!

You're gone to last year's review - we didn't go to Ketchikan this year. We walked to the Deer Mountain facility, though - the whole visit including travel was bout 2 hours.

Murray

Sorry, I was looking through the whole thing :-) Love the bald eagle's picture :-)

Sounds really nice!

Murray, thanks for taking the time to share the pictures and details of your recent cruises. We are are on the NB Radiance 6/24. Seeing your report has me even more excited!:)

We are also booked with F.I.S.H.E.S. It looks to be one of the highlights of our trip.

Of course we have rented a car in Skagway for the drive to Emerald Lake using your guide!

As we are also tendering in Juneau, I do have a question regarding this please. We booked independently with North Star for Glacier Trekking. If we stand in line early, can we get on one of the first tenders or is this process done by "tickets" only--tickets for earliest tender boarding for RCI excursions only--and if so, what are our options for getting off the ship as soon as possible? Thanks in advance!:D

As we are also tendering in Juneau, I do have a question regarding this please. We booked independently with North Star for Glacier Trekking. If we stand in line early, can we get on one of the first tenders or is this process done by "tickets" only--tickets for earliest tender boarding for RCI excursions only--and if so, what are our options for getting off the ship as soon as possible? Thanks in advance!:D

The tendering is done by ticket, with RCI-booked excursions getting off first in the order of their excursion times. However, have your excursion reservation in hand as proof, and just get on the tender you need if your number doesn't come up in time. That was done by many people with no problems, as the tenders don't go completely full anyway (possibly to allow for exactly that). You'll find the service on the Radiance to be superb, and the crew members at all stations do whatever they need to do to help.

Have fun!

Murray

Archived