Does Uber have car seats?

thehams

I tried looking on the web if some Uber cars provided car seats. I read a couple of articles that said UberX does, but those were 2014 articles. I don't see the option in the app and there is no number Uber customer service number.

We are flying into Miami and staying for 1 night and planned on getting an Uber to take us to the cruise terminal, but I have no idea how we will do that in an Uber or Taxi without a car seat and I really don't want to haul around and pay to bring a car seat to use for 15 mins.

Any ideas?

No, they don't. We have the same dilemma for our cruise out of LA, we are just bringing the carseats because we need to get from LAX to San Pedro and back and no one will take us without carseats as per California state law (uber or a shuttle service. I'm sure Florida may be similar.

Edited by maui07

We always have to haul a car seat with us when we fly/travel. We try to buy a smaller and lighter car seat primarily for this purpose and also as a backup car seat in our 2nd car at home. The primary car seat we use at home is very plushy, comfortable and soft and extremely heavy.

Would be nice for families with young kids if Uber has car seat request option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Uber is just individual drivers using their own car, so no, there is no guarantee that they would have a car seat. I would definitely bring your own because you have no idea who will come get you when you flag an Uber car. My husband has driven for Uber and that's just how it works.

• 1 month later...