Caribbean Summer 2016 ?

Gallivanting Souls

What is your preferred line to cruise on during the summer for a caribbean cruise  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred line to cruise on during the summer for a caribbean cruise

• RCL
    • CCL
    • NCL
    • MSC
    • Other

I am currently in school and can only cruise during school breaks (sad for me and my pocket book), so our next break we can feasibly cruise would be Summer 2016. I am trying to figure out who goes there and narrow it down. In the past, we have sailed Princess. I see that they do ***NOT*** sail the Caribbean during the summer, so we need to consider another line.

If you have sailed the Caribbean during the summer and can offer up any advice, please let me know. Why would you suggest the line you are offering?

We have only sailed in inside rooms, but Princess our room was around 168 sq feet. I am also wanting a longer trip, but would be willing to put (2) 7 day trips Eastern/Western together for a B2B. Any line, really. Let's hear it!

NCL would be my first choice. NCL has had a limited presence in the Caribbean during the summer, but they now have more ships so may have more availability there. I haven't really looked at that itinerary since our last Caribbean cruise (NCL Spirit summer of 2011 out of New Orleans).

I really like their entertainment, dress (up or not) code, eat whenever/wherever/with whomever format, personnel, and ships.

You won't have many choices for summer Caribbean cruises from Port Everglades. Most of the ships reposition in late April/early May to Alaska, Europe and Canada/NE.

There are some choices from Miami.

DH and I used to love sailing HAL during the summer months, fall, winter and spring... :) HAL used to put their newest ship in the Caribbean their first season during the summer and we often sailed two or more cruises. Then they stopped sailing Caribbean a full six months of the year and I really miss those summer cruises. We also sailed in winter months and Canada/NE in summer and I'd love to return to those hot summer cruises again.

Edited by sail7seas

We don't cruise to the Caribbean in the Summer and no desire to do so.

Since Princess & HAL don't do cruises there then, guess (if someone put a gut to our heads :D) we would pick CCL because Charleston is a very convenient port for us.

LuLu