Higher Seabourn Premium Worth It?

seabreezer

FWIW, we met wonderful fellow pax on our Baltic SS last year and the service was outstanding with very friendly staff. Food was fine and I live in SF Bay Area so I know what I'm talking about having enjoyed local fine dining for years. I am looking forward to more SS and hopefully SB cruises but I don't think SB has cornered the luxury market and it is nice to have a choice of luxury providers.

Edited by seabreezer
Added a thought.

• 3 weeks later...

Sleek and contemporary are not features worth paying for. I value service, good food, quality furnishings and itinerary. BTW, I don't think we are supposed to mention names of TA's here. In the US, TA's can discount Seabourn but cannot discount Silversea. They can issue OBC after the full price is paid. TA's prefer upfront discounting because they don't have to pay tax on the full income. In this case, my price comparison was based on a discount Seabourn fare vs Silversea after the 5% Venetian discount and OBC.

Edited by seabreezer
Details

Does anyone else get the feeling that Seabourn will not change the smoking policy until their full time on board passenger takes her last puff.:rolleyes:

You must be referring to the woman on the Quest. She always has her special table in the forward 11 th floor lounge, arriving near 8 PM when smoking is allowed.

Pretty cool life. I almost walked up to her and told her she was my hero. ( the living on Seabourn, not the smoking part ).

You must be referring to the woman on the Quest. She always has her special table in the forward 11 th floor lounge, arriving near 8 PM when smoking is allowed.

Pretty cool life. I almost walked up to her and told her she was my hero. ( the living on Seabourn, not the smoking part ).

Yes I know Mrs W. well,she has been around Seabourn ships for years.

I have met and, like Kevnsworld, I have learned to admire her style, partly because she reminds me of bygone times-as in when cocktail hour, real jewellery, impeccable hairdos and quality eveningwear, and smoking were par for the course. No, they do not make them like that anymore! "Madmen" is a good window into that era, especially for those who weren't around and/or do not have home movies of the 50s and 60s from US circles.

For the record, and for personal and also sentimental reasons, I hope that she is able to continue her long tradition of sailing with Seabourn!

About Mr L's question, I bet that this lady has reached an accommodation with top Carnival management. Who else might set these shipboard service standards?

Now lest anyone be sidetracked, I also hope and trust that Seabourn will soon restrict smoking to those outdoor areas of the rear starboard side beyond Seabourn Square and the starboard side Sky Bar.

Happy sailing!

Edited by markham