Disney Fantasy - Please tell me more about the Rain Forest

rubysasha

My husband and I recently sailed the Carnival Dream and payed the extra money (I think it was $250) to enjoy the exclusive SPA areas during the cruise. They had a thalasotherapy pool (kind of like a huge jacuzzi tub); and different types of steam rooms including those with heated tile chairs that look out onto the ocean.

I see online that I can pre-order a day pass for the "Rain Forest" areas for $15/day. What is the Fantasy's rain forest area like? Also, if I book ahead online, am I saving money... or does it cost the same or less if I book on board?

:confused: Thanks!

We traveled on the celebrity Millennium and enjoyed the aromatherapy package years ago. It allowed us to enjoy the giant thalassotherapy pool, sauna, hot tub, flavored waters, lounge chairs, bathrobes, etc. The best part was the tiled shower rooms. The music was soothing and each shower had a different scent, temperature and pattern of water falling. Some even had benches, so we ended up bringing some books to the showers, relaxed then headed off to the pool which was almost ours!

We are headed to the Fantasy in November and I hope that we can snag a spa pass for a few days on that cruise as well. Any news would be appreciated! The cruisers here always know so much.

We sailed on the Fantasy a few months ago. The Rain Forest is a let down. Don't waste your money. Other than that, the ship was fantastic. Liked it much better than the Dream. Have fun!

What was a let down about it? More details please?:confused:

• 1 year later...
I'd like to know, too.

I never really understood the heated chairs and different showers. Is it really worth it? How much time would you really spend there?

I don't know if anyone has answered you yet but those heated chairs are so comfortable I find myself falling asleep in them. I would gladly pay for that experience. I haven't heard about the different showers yet (last cruise I was on the Magic) but I will find out next trip. Can't wait!

We did it on the Dream and quite liked it. On a sea day spent some time there reading on the heated loungers and staring out the windows.

I always look at the itinerary, if its port intensive, I might get a one day pass, if lots of sea days will book cruise long.

On the Dream (I assume the Fantasy is similar), they had about 8-10 loungers, two HOT tubs, one HOT dry heat room, one sauna and 4 showers, each of which had different cycles (beware the one that does the cold plunge at the end!)

On the Magic, I've found that I enjoy the rain forest when we cruise in the winter and it is a bit chilly outside. It is a nice place to relax and get away from children for a bit. The heated loungers are heavenly, and I like the steam rooms.

On the Fantasy, you can add specialty showers that are reported to actually work and the hot tube with a view (of course, all ships have adult only hot tubs by the pool).

Honestly, when we cruise in the spring or summer....I don't usually spend the money.

I tried the Rainforest, and I can say it was an interesting experience. It's kind of like a hallway, with different alcoves of showers. Each one has a different theme and color. The shower "rains" on you at different temperatures, speeds, and pulses. It is definitely a unique idea. Some of the showers were intense-both in the temperature of water and the unknown nature of what was coming next. They would combine cold/hot or start raining slowly and bring it up to a downpour.

I'm glad we tried it (couples can go in together, everyone wears swimsuits). I wouldn't need to do it again, though-I enjoyed it, but one time was enough.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need any other details :)

My husband and I recently sailed the Carnival Dream and payed the extra money (I think it was $250) to enjoy the exclusive SPA areas during the cruise. They had a thalasotherapy pool (kind of like a huge jacuzzi tub); and different types of steam rooms including those with heated tile chairs that look out onto the ocean.

I see online that I can pre-order a day pass for the "Rain Forest" areas for $15/day. What is the Fantasy's rain forest area like? Also, if I book ahead online, am I saving money... or does it cost the same or less if I book on board?

:confused: Thanks!

Aklee,

Rubysasha explains what was on the Dream. Does the Fantasy have the same Thalasotherapy pool as well? In the spa? I am hoping so but can't find any info on it.

Thanks in advance!

Tammy

Rainforest on Dream and Fantasy are virtually identical. There is no advantage to purchasing a single day in advance. It is $15 + $1 handling fee in advance, $16 if purchased on board. Multi-day passes are available only on board; these do represent a savings over single day IF you use all the days you pay for.

I think the confusion is that there are two ships called "Dream". Yes, DCL Dream and Fantasy spa are the same. Carnival also has a ship named Dream that the OP was comparing DCL to. That's how I am reading the posts. Maybe I'm confused too, that's pretty normal 😜.

Rainforest on Dream and Fantasy are virtually identical. There is no advantage to purchasing a single day in advance. It is $15 + $1 handling fee in advance' date=' $16 if purchased on board. Multi-day passes are available only on board; these do represent a savings over single day IF you use all the days you pay for.[/quote']

When there were just 2 ships, the in port spa specials I purchased always included all day in the Rain Forest. I never bought a separate day. Since sailing on DCL Dream the first time, not only was there no RF included, I couldn't buy a one day pass. All they had was 3 day or week long passes. And strangely, they were far more per day than the online prebook price of $16.

So, my lesson learned, it only takes a minute to buy in advance and I know I have at least one relaxing day.

Now, whether it is worth it really depends on how you like to relax and which ships you are on. If you have kids with you and you want a really secluded spot to rest, read in peace, any ships RF will be great for you.

I really like the addition of more chairs facing outside and two private hot tubs on DCL Dream/Fantasy. It is a better experience for 2 than than the smaller ships.

I am hoping this next cruise on the Magic again, I can buy the scrub extra. It really made my skin soft and lasted for days. Its better than the store bought brands. So, in a nutshell, depends on which ship and how you like to relax.

They have definitely stopped including the rainforest with another service unless the service description specifically says "rainforest." For a time. you could add on the RF to other services for 1/2 price--no more.

They are also offering the "enhanced" rainforest with a hard sell. This includes expensive "scrubs." OK, they smell good, but????? And they keep saying that they "may" run out of single day passes and length of cruise passes of the "regular" variety (not "enhanced" by the scrubs) although I've never had them refuse my money. That could reflect that I mainly do longer cruises.

The length of cruise pass is only a good value if you use it every day. Miss one day and you're better off with a shorter pass. On 7 night cruises, they typically offer 3 and 4 day passes as well as the length of cruise. These are a savings, but not as big a discount as the length of cruise. However, they become a better value when you factor in that you choose the days. sure you can still lose out if you buy a 4 day pass and only go 3 days, but you are less likely to do that than to skip a day on a length of cruise pass.

The single day pass for $16 does not include any scrubs. SO, you have a lot to sort out. There are passes that do not include scrubs and passes that do include scrubs. And there are passes of various lengths of time as well as couple's passes.

The RF on the newer ships includes a lot more than on the classic ships (hot tubs, WORKING showers, view), and is sold at the same prices!

Above poster--how could you buy a week long pass on the Disney Dream? As far as I know, the Dream has never done week long cruises. And on B2B, you have to buy a separate pass for each leg.

Edited by moki'smommy

Above poster--how could you buy a week long pass on the Disney Dream? As far as I know' date=' the Dream has never done week long cruises. And on B2B, you have to buy a separate pass for each leg.[/quote']

You are right, I forgot, my first Dream cruise was 4 or 5 nights, can't remember which.

The scrub I bought was $9. And they gave me so much, there was enough to take back to the room for the next day. And as you and others have been saying many times, I hope all the showers there work by the time we cruise in Nov.