Liquids in checked luggage

MaryAnnKacz

Just got back from a cruise. As mandatory, packed all of my lotions, perfume, liquids, etc. in checked baggage. Left from Pittsburgh to Orlando. Everything made it to Orlando fine. I had everything in cushioned travel bags. I was sure to tighten all the caps tight for flight home. Almost everything in my bag had the caps off, and everything was spilled out. I think they opened the containers at Orlando airport and didn't put the caps on tight. Just glad this happened on way home instead of way to. I lost 1/2 bottle of expensive perfume. Yes, I am glad they are making our travel safer. But they could be more careful if they are opening bottles and tubes of toiletries. I heard a lot of businessmen complaining to each other, they usually only bring carry on luggage. They have to buy toiletries and leave them at their hotel.

I heard a lot of businessmen complaining to each other, they usually only bring carry on luggage. They have to buy toiletries and leave them at their hotel.

According to the Marriott website: "In response to recent in-flight carry-on restrictions, Marriott is providing complimentary personal amenities. Please inquire at the front desk upon your arrival."

I was sure to tighten all the caps tight for flight home. Almost everything in my bag had the caps off, and everything was spilled out. I think they opened the containers at Orlando airport and didn't put the caps on tight.
Another stunning victory for the TSA against the terrorists.

I agree , although I take great care never to break the rules, I always get pulled over AFTER going through and having nothing found no bells going off (I am an 81 yr old 5ft4in caucasion great grandmother)

At one airport they brought 5 people over, turned out my handbag (pocketbook to americans), and after putting their collective 5 heads together announced they were going to confiscate my condo door key!!!!!

Quite a verbal confrontation on that one.

The thing I find most disconcerting is that the bottom line is a "discretion" of the TSA employee on the spot , If they do not like your face, tough luck.

Archived