Deviation Airfares.....how much have you paid?

dansu

Just got off the phone with CCL, where I was told that eventhough we will pay a $50.00pp deviation fee, that CCL may increase the amount they are charging for my airfare, should we choose to fly in the day before the cruise. We really do not have much of a choice, as we are travelling from Canada in January, and the weather is iffy at best. We are taking the insurance, but our 1st port is 2 1/2 days into the cruise, and to book the airfare ourselves it almost triples the price, as we do not have direct flights. CCL offers the deviation to some at no charge...but not us, as there as a few flights that are scheduled to arrive in Fort Lauderdale, in the early afternoon..but would be really tight even if they arrive on time.

Has anyone out there had the deviation, and if so did CCL charge you more for your flight?

Hubby is getting fed up, and ready to cancel.:confused:

Standard industry practice.

For $50 they are doing extra work to arrange your 'deviation" from their normal practice.

Now let's say their contracted price is $350 per person round trip from your departure city to arrival city.

Now, because of the "Deviation" Their price is $400 per person, the additional $50 per person would be passed on to you the customer.

I'm all for, $50.00pp, it's that they are talking of charging us extra for the flight. We won't know until they acknowledge receipt of our deviation, which should have been by today, but PVP cannot find confirmation of receipt of our fax. It's the extra airfare I'm concerned about.

Has anyone out there had the price of their airfare go up, over and above the deviation fee, or am I worried for nothing?

I'm all for, $50.00pp, it's that they are talking of charging us extra for the flight. We won't know until they acknowledge receipt of our deviation, which should have been by today, but PVP cannot find confirmation of receipt of our fax. It's the extra airfare I'm concerned about.

Has anyone out there had the price of their airfare go up, over and above the deviation fee, or am I worried for nothing?

I have asked for air deviation in the past, and paid extra for it. I paid the $50 deviation fee, and the flight I wanted was going to cost Carnival an additional $50 over what they would have normally paid for my flight, so I paid that $50 also. They tell you how much the total will be, before they make any changes, so you are not going into it blindly.

Just got off the phone with CCL Air and Sea, who confirmed our deviation for the $50.00pp, as we were originally quoted, and faxed us a confirmation. No extra flight charges, and even booked our seats.

Had to call back and change our departure time though, as CCL booked what is called a legal connection, but flying within Canada in January...if Ottawa had to de-ice the plane before we left for Toronto...we would have arrived just in time to see our plane taxiing down the runway of the international terminal....from the domestic terminal!

Don't get me wrong, CCL Air and Sea were wonderful...it's just that I don't think she has ever seen a snowflake in her life.....let alone freezing rain, therefore she had to have a supervisor approve the change.

Archived