Maasdam does it have the B.B. King blues club

ontheweb

I could not find it in the deck plans, and wondered if the Maasdam had this feature. (We will be sailing on that ship Boston to Montreal in August 2018. Our only other HAL cruise was several years ago on the Noordam in the Eastern Mediterranean, and do not remember there being a blues club. I understand that they are sister ships.)

BB King was not on the Maasdam in Oct/Nov 2016. I believe that they are only on the Vista class ships and the Rotterdam but that may be changing as the ships go through the dry dock cycle and get the changes to the entertainment areas.

Maasdam and Noordam are about as far from sister ships as you can get, and remain on HAL.

I see no place on the Maasdam where the BB King group could play, unless they were to take over the Crow's Nest. Since the ship is up for sale, I don't know that HAL would want to put the money into making any necessary changes.

Frankly, I hope HAL can leave some ships without them, so we can have different types of entertainment on the older ships. That group would take over a lot of cabins from other crew, too. I don't want more cutbacks in that area.

BB King was not on the Maasdam in Oct/Nov 2016. I believe that they are only on the Vista class ships and the Rotterdam but that may be changing as the ships go through the dry dock cycle and get the changes to the entertainment areas.

I did not think it was there, but figured it could not hurt to ask.

Maasdam and Noordam are about as far from sister ships as you can get, and remain on HAL.

I see no place on the Maasdam where the BB King group could play, unless they were to take over the Crow's Nest. Since the ship is up for sale, I don't know that HAL would want to put the money into making any necessary changes.

Frankly, I hope HAL can leave some ships without them, so we can have different types of entertainment on the older ships. That group would take over a lot of cabins from other crew, too. I don't want more cutbacks in that area.

Thank you for correcting my misconception about the 2 ships. I now see the Maasdam is smaller and older.