Amber Cove excursions- Outback Adventure

ledodeck01

We are looking at doing the " Outback Dominican Adventure' off the Carnival Magic. It uses large off road trucks to visit coffee plantations, chocolate plantations and a secluded beach. Anyone out there who has taken this excursion- would appreciate feedback. Thanks

We are looking at doing the " Outback Dominican Adventure' off the Carnival Magic. It uses large off road trucks to visit coffee plantations, chocolate plantations and a secluded beach. Anyone out there who has taken this excursion- would appreciate feedback. Thanks

We are doing this through Princess in a few weeks, I hope to report back.

• 3 weeks later...
We had wanted to do this excursion too, but after seeing the difference in booking directly through that company, vs. having to book through Carnival we decided to pass.

We booked and went with Princess on the Outback Adventure tour and loved it. We went last week. We even got $10.00 back and some port fees ($19...)for this port and tour. The reason was we couldn't go to the school,the beach, or the river due to all the rain the area had for 2 weeks. (Roads too muddy and slick)We enjoyed our tour though very fun and informative.

Julie

I've done this tour a few times on land based stays. VERY good company, GREAT vehicles!! Comfy seats (which mean a lot when going over some of the bumpy terrain), excellent guides. I would do this excursion in a heartbeat!! You get to see a lot of things you many never see again! It's well worth it if you don't want to spend a full day at the beach.

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from a 7 day cruise and out of all three ports, this tour was by far our favorite!! You see a lot, thee ridecis an adventure, our guide Manny was awesome and so was his driver Jose. You just get solo much for so little. Oh and its happy hour the entire trip!

If I ever go back to amber cove I would do again and would recommend to anyone

• 3 months later...

We are interested in this cruise for June. My parents will also be along for the ride and my dad has some breathing issues so we have a couple of questions. Is there a shaded area at the beach he can sit at so he isn't in the direct sun and just how bumpy are the roads. Is it bumpy all the time or just in a few spots? I have read excellent reviews and really want to take this excursion but am a bit concerned with how bumpy it is and also is it very dusty with it being an open air truck? Thanks in advance for your replies.