Ft. Lauderdale and Miami ??

hockeyluver

Please and thank you for any help. We are flying in late to Fort Lauderdale on the Friday night for our cruise Sunday out of Miami.

We are thinking of staying at a hotel in Fort. Lauderdale the friday night then spending Saturday night in Miami. Being Canadian and our dollar tanking big time right now. We want to stay somewhere clean and safe the first night since we will only be there for sleeping any suggestions?

Also would it be cheaper to take a taxi to our Miami hotel ( once i find one ) or use a car service like SAS ? Thanks for any suggestions.

Please and thank you for any help. We are flying in late to Fort Lauderdale on the Friday night for our cruise Sunday out of Miami.

We are thinking of staying at a hotel in Fort. Lauderdale the friday night then spending Saturday night in Miami. Being Canadian and our dollar tanking big time right now. We want to stay somewhere clean and safe the first night since we will only be there for sleeping any suggestions?

Also would it be cheaper to take a taxi to our Miami hotel ( once i find one ) or use a car service like SAS ? Thanks for any suggestions.

Your dates are going to be very expensive. What is your budget? In February even airport hotels are expensive.

Can you guys do hotwire?

I would just stay in the same hotel for both nights. Hollywood Beach is probably going to be the least expensive place to stay. I would suggest renting a car off hotwire also.

Unless you NEED a car, I would skip it. We did this in March. Arrived late on a Saturday, took a taxi to our hotel in Ft Lauderdale where we stayed 2 nights. There are lots of things to do if you stay in the 17th Street area. In my research, I found hotels in FLL less expensive than in Miami. We arranged for SAS to pick us up at our hotel in the morning the day of the cruise. They were dependable, on time, and the van was large and clean. It cost $15pp. We got to the ship early and were able to board. I believe that SAS does pick-ups in the 17th St area and at hotels near the airport. A taxi estimate was closer to $100 and that didn't take into consideration if we hit bad traffic.

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and lodging info - I agree with the advice above to stay in the FLL area (where comparable hotels are usually cheaper than hotels in Miami/Miami beach).

If it is just two of you a shared shuttle for $15 each will be cheaper and easier for transport from the FLL area to POM unless you will use the car while you are staying in the FLL area.

You do not need or want a car if you stay in downtown Miami - hotels there charge guests $25-30+/day for parking! :eek:

Thanks for your help, We do plan on using hotwire or priceline but not sure what area's to choose. Hubby doesn't want to rent a car. I used SAS before but my friend and I were picked up at FLL and taken to our hotel in Miami. We are hoping to stay under $150- $200 a night.