Scenic Gems of the Seine

muly

Happy to report confirmation that the Scenic Gem docks at Port De Grenelle in Paris. For those with embarkation/debarkation in Paris and wishing to see more of Paris, this is on the left bank just south of the Eiffel Tour. Easy walk to Champ De Mars RER C (yellow) train line or Metro line Green 6. Suggest train or metro for longer distances, but walk as much as possible to enjoy the many parks, gardens, and historic architecture.

• 1 month later...

We have not sailed with Scenic before. Viking once, and all others on ocean lines. As we get older, we have learned to enjoy being pampered on Regent, our very favorite ocean cruise line. Comparing all other river lines, we are hoping Scenic is the step above that we now enjoy. For us, all inclusive is more relaxing and enjoyable. I'll let you know how it goes !

Muly:)

We also love Regent. Have done Scenic in Russia but that is totally different. Russians don't allow all you can drink...and ships must be Russian owned so all companies rent theirs. Not as nice as the European ships but i'll soon see for myself.

Muly, next April will be our second Scenic trip; obviously we liked the first one! Our previous trip was on the Danube from Nuremberg to Budapest, immediately after the high water cancellations in 2013. We were on a different ship than expected, comparable accommodation, and we were delighted with the way Scenic handled the changes for us, even though to an older ship.

When is your Gems of the Seine scheduled?

I'll be on the Gems of the Seine in eight weeks; second Scenic cruise and so looking forward to it. After 15 ocean cruises, the river cruise was a wonderful relaxing experience - I'm no longer interested in ocean cruises!!

We will be sailing the Seine this September. Very timely WWII documentaries on PBS and BBC this summer will make Normandy even more meaningful. I wish that everyone from an Allied Nation would have the opportunity to see the landing beaches. It is truly humbling and reminds us of the sacrifices so many made to protect our freedom. Looking forward to the historical ports of call, architecture, and of course, the wine.

Muly