Mr. Sanchos, Nachi or Paradise Beach

mandmcruise

My daughter 20, and I are trying to decide which one. Have read the reviews on all. She will probably drink more than I will, and probably she will mainly drink beer. Where I will stick with the mixed fruity drinks. Just wondering if PAYG would be better or the all inclusive. I am content to sit in my chair with a drink and book, where she might like to get to know some other young people, if any can be found. So just wondering which one of these would she be happiest at.

If she wants to meet other young people focus on Mr. Sanchos and Paradise Beach -- Nachi is mostly a laid back, relaxed, quiet environment.

PAYG or AI is your call - figure out food costs plus drink costs (fruity drinks are usually $7-9 each and beers about $5-6 with discounts if you buy a bucket at once). PB also charges an admission fee (about $5 each).

Mr. Sanchos has both an AI and PAYG side - you could wait until the day you arrive to decide.

Thanks JohninDC. I'll have to see just how much she plans on drinking:eek: or maybe I don't want to and just go with the AI and not keep track!! After all it is vacation and as long as she can walk to get back on the ship, it is all good with me

I think Mr Sanchos AI is probably best for your situation if she plans on drinking a lot and you like to sit around and sip on the fruity drinks (which is what I drink). The AI side has the bigger pool with the built in bar stools in the water and even some swings attached to the bar. The PAYG side is a small pool (like 4' deep) and you will mostly find children (young) in it.

I have a complete review in my signature line with TONS of pictures from our day there if you are interested.

Also, even though we did the AI side, we still wondered over to the PAYG side to see what it was like. Obviously we didn't get any drinks over there since we would have had to pay for them. But wanted to check out that side (and did have a little one with us that wanted to swim in the small pool before leaving). :)

I agree with the answers already. I would just add though that you can't hang out on the AI side if you're PAYG at Sanchos. So if you're not going to drink enough to make AI worth it, consider doing PAYG, especially if you're not going over a meal time. I went with a group of girls last October. We did PAYG at Sanchos. We drank beer all day, casually, not tanking them back or anything but we were never without a drink in hand and we shared some nachos. We were there for about 3-4 hours. Our bill for 4 people was $90. It would've been $50 each for AI. You can look up drink prices and figure how many you'll drink and see what makes sense for you.

I'm going with my DD16 -- I did see there is an AI for teens. I'm assuming she would be able to be with me on the AI side.

How long is the taxi from the ships to Mr. Sanchos? We've been to Paradise Beach before (on our own), but as I get older, I get more concerned about doing the excursions on our own.

What should the taxi fare be to Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach?

Anyone have pictures of the pool at Mr. Sanchos?

Mr Sanchos is one of the beach clubs that are lined up and down there along with Paradise and basically right beside it. It's about 15 minutes away tops depending on which cruise port you are docked at (punta langost is further away than the other 2).

COZUMEL-L.jpg

Here's some pictures of the AI pool.

PC200263-L.jpg

PC200274-L.jpg

Hey thanks mitsugirly, I know you have a link in your signature, but haven't had time to read and go through it. these finals and final research papers are up my backside-ugghh, so this was a nice quick look see on my study break.

My daughter 20, and I are trying to decide which one. Have read the reviews on all. She will probably drink more than I will, and probably she will mainly drink beer. Where I will stick with the mixed fruity drinks. Just wondering if PAYG would be better or the all inclusive. I am content to sit in my chair with a drink and book, where she might like to get to know some other young people, if any can be found. So just wondering which one of these would she be happiest at.

MandM -

I really like PB. I feel like to justify AI places everyone has to hit it hard. Also at Mr. Sancho's they cut out a good chunk of the menu so it is not available on the AI side.

Paradise Beach sells beer for $4.50 and if you buy a bucket the 6th beer is free. Food is very good (always subjective and yes, there was a lot beer involved, but the kids agreed). I don't have pictures, but pull up their web site. The pictures on there are representative of the facility. They are not 20 years old like some owner provided photos. Are check out Mitusgirly - plenty of pictures there.

I'm going with my DD16 -- I did see there is an AI for teens. I'm assuming she would be able to be with me on the AI side.

How long is the taxi from the ships to Mr. Sanchos? About 10-15 minutes We've been to Paradise Beach before (on our own), but as I get older, I get more concerned about doing the excursions on our own.

What should the taxi fare be to Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach? Fares will be posted near the taxi line outside your pier; depending slightly upon which pier (there are three), fare for up to 4 passengers in the cab should be about $16-17+tip each way.

Anyone have pictures of the pool at Mr. Sanchos?

Have a great cruise! :)

Hey thanks mitsugirly, I know you have a link in your signature, but haven't had time to read and go through it. these finals and final research papers are up my backside-ugghh, so this was a nice quick look see on my study break.

You are very welcome. I completely understand those finals and papers...been there, done that for 4 1/2 years straight. Thank goodness those days are over. Good luck. :)