Veragua Rain Forest VS Rainforest Aerial

Sunshinelady55

Anyone have preferences bet Veragua Rain Forest and the Rainforest Aerial Tram at Braulio Carrillo Park? Which one to visit out of Puerto Limon in December. Have been in contact with YLT, JJ and Odyssey Tours. Getting differing info. How long are the drives? I have been told 1 hour and also 2 hours to Braulio Carrillo Park Tram. Thanks

We will be there on HAL Zuiderdam, November 20. We have contracted with a private guide. He is picking us up at 8:00, taking us to visit the park and ride the tram, touring the area, stopping for lunch, and should be back to the ship by about 3:00. I will do a review when I return in early December

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have preferences bet Veragua Rain Forest and the Rainforest Aerial Tram at Braulio Carrillo Park? Which one to visit out of Puerto Limon in December. Have been in contact with YLT, JJ and Odyssey Tours. Getting differing info. How long are the drives? I have been told 1 hour and also 2 hours to Braulio Carrillo Park Tram. Thanks

Did Veragua Rainforest last week with Your Lucky Tours. Veragua is 1 hr from cruise port the other is 2 hours. 4 hrs round trip was more time that we wanted to spend in transit. Veragua also has a aerial tram. It is a research center so it has wonderful exhibits so even if you don't see some things while in the rainforest you can see them in the live exhibits. I highly recommend Eduardo at Your Lucky Tours he is very accomodating, knowledgeable and quick to respond. We did the Veragu Rainforest & the canal boat cruise with him for less $ than just the Veragua Rainforest tour thru the cruise line.

• 1 month later...

pretty confusing -- Jewel of the Seas has no excursion to Veragua for some reason. Lucky tours does not list this excusion on their site, either. Waiting for some email replies. The Veragua site says you have to get a cab from the port, and can't enter without a guide, and wants cc info to secure one -- not anything I want to hand out over the net to a Latin American country/entity. Any chance of picking up a tour at the port?

pretty confusing -- Jewel of the Seas has no excursion to Veragua for some reason. Lucky tours does not list this excusion on their site, either. Waiting for some email replies. The Veragua site says you have to get a cab from the port, and can't enter without a guide, and wants cc info to secure one -- not anything I want to hand out over the net to a Latin American country/entity. Any chance of picking up a tour at the port?

We booked with Charlie Soto of Okey Dokey tours for the reasons you mentioned. He does have the tour listed on his website. I haven't done the tour yet, so I can't give you a review, but I feel better knowing I have it already booked. I'm not sure how easy it would be to just book at the port.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I personally haven't visited either one yet (my cruise leaves next month) but from the research I've done, here's what I've found out if anyone is still interested:

Veragua Rainforest is about 1 hour from Limon. It is a research center that has exhibits, frog displays, butterfly "dome" and more. The aerial tram takes you from the upper exhibit level to the lower rainforest floor for walking trails and waterfall access. The tram ride is about 1200' long with a 650" vertical drop at a 35 degree angle. The ride is about 15 minutes long.

The 'other' tram is the Rainforest Adventures Atlantic about 2 hours from Limon in Braulio Carrillo National Park. This tram is much longer at 1.65 miles. The outbound leg is low through the rainforest while the return is high-up in/over the canopy. Ride time is about 1 hour and 20 minutes. The ride is slow and liesurley and stops numerous times as other tram cars reach the ends for passenger loading/unloading.

Which is better is certainly a personal preference.

• 10 months later...
I personally haven't visited either one yet (my cruise leaves next month) but from the research I've done, here's what I've found out if anyone is still interested:

Veragua Rainforest is about 1 hour from Limon. It is a research center that has exhibits, frog displays, butterfly "dome" and more. The aerial tram takes you from the upper exhibit level to the lower rainforest floor for walking trails and waterfall access. The tram ride is about 1200' long with a 650" vertical drop at a 35 degree angle. The ride is about 15 minutes long.

The 'other' tram is the Rainforest Adventures Atlantic about 2 hours from Limon in Braulio Carrillo National Park. This tram is much longer at 1.65 miles. The outbound leg is low through the rainforest while the return is high-up in/over the canopy. Ride time is about 1 hour and 20 minutes. The ride is slow and liesurley and stops numerous times as other tram cars reach the ends for passenger loading/unloading.

Which is better is certainly a personal preference.

This is the information I was looking for. I like the ride time of the Braulio Park, but not the 2 hour ride each way. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has been to either of these.