Arriving New York

electra2008

I have contacted a car service to take me from QM2 to La Guardia. They say call them when I am ready for them, I don't have a mobile will I be able to call from the terminal, should I just get a taxi or can I make arrangements on the ship like you can at the Southampton end. Any other suggestions.

I have contacted a car service to take me from QM2 to La Guardia. They say call them when I am ready for them, I don't have a mobile will I be able to call from the terminal, should I just get a taxi or can I make arrangements on the ship like you can at the Southampton end. Any other suggestions.

Must say that I have not noticed if there are pay phones at Red Hook. Thats if QM2 is docking there. As you do not say which terminal you will be at.

Is your car service ?

http://www.arecibocc.com/

which is a very good company and used by many Cunard passengers when docking at Red Hook

Why not e mail the company and ask what you do if you do not have a cell phone etc.

Edited by Pennbank

Must say that I have not noticed if there are pay phones at Red Hook. Thats if QM2 is docking there. As you do not say which terminal you will be at.

Is your car service ?

http://www.arecibocc.com/

which is a very good company and used by many Cunard passengers when docking at Red Hook

Why not e mail the company and ask what you do if you do not have a cell phone etc.

There is a payphone on the way out as well as in the departure area at Redhook.

I am not shure if there is one in the luggage hall.

Why not ask ond of the fellow passengers if you want ti call at an earlier point?

Have you considered using the Cunard coach transfers from He QM2 to LaGuardia? It has worked great for us on previous voyages. I believe the rate is $34 pp.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Have you considered using the Cunard coach transfers from He QM2 to LaGuardia? It has worked great for us on previous voyages. I believe the rate is $34 pp.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Do you book this when you get the disembarkation information ie which colour baggage label. This sounds just what I am looking for hopefully not complicated as the car thing was just getting "more complicated" as Bert used too say:D

Edited by electra2008

Do you book this when you get the disembarkation information ie which colour baggage label. This sounds just what I am looking for hopefully not complicated as the car thing was just getting "more complicated" as Bert used too say:D

Here is the Disembarkation Transfer Booking Form from the QM2 Caribbean voyage which disembarked 3 January 2014. This form was delivered to our stateroom at some point during the voyage. I think it was also available at the Tour Office from the start of the voyage.

QM2BrooklynDisembarkationTransfersPage1.jpg

QM2BrooklynDisembarkationTransfersPage2.jpg

Regards,

John.

Edited by bluemarble

Just call Cunard or your travel agent. I don't like to wait until getting on the ship to purchase them since there are a limited number of coaches for each of the 3 NY area airports. We will be using the Cunard coach transfer service from the Newark airport to Brooklyn as well as from Brooklyn to La Guardia on our return. I believe the price is the same for all of the airports. Edited by BobBranst

Here is the Disembarkation Transfer Booking Form from the QM2 Caribbean voyage which disembarked 3 January 2014. This form was delivered to our stateroom at some point during the voyage. I think it was also available at the Tour Office from the start of the voyage.

QM2BrooklynDisembarkationTransfersPage1.jpg

QM2BrooklynDisembarkationTransfersPage2.jpg

Regards,

John.

This is very curious. Your form shows the rates as $49 pp and our upcoming transfers, purchased through our travel agent, were $34 pp. Did you purchase yours prior to departure, or on the ship? I believe we paid the same rate on a QE cruise last spring.

This is very curious. Your form shows the rates as $49 pp and our upcoming transfers, purchased through our travel agent, were $34 pp. Did you purchase yours prior to departure, or on the ship? I believe we paid the same rate on a QE cruise last spring.

We did purchase our transfers to LaGuardia Airport on board and were charged $49. The rate could well be lower working with a travel agent or with Cunard prior to the voyage. I know we have pre-booked Cunard transfers from Southampton to London on previous voyages prior to sailing but cannot confirm whether we got a better rate that way compared to booking on board or not. I would certainly encourage the OP to check to see if the lower rate you were quoted is available by pre-booking the transfers prior to sailing.

Regards,

John.

As a follow-up to my previous reply, I went to cunard.com and started a booking for a QM2 voyage that disembarks in New York. I selected the Post Voyage Package "Pier to NYC Airport". The price quoted was $34 per person (the same as reported by BobBranst) compared to the $49 per person price shown on the on-board booking form I posted. Therefore it is clearly advisable to book this transfer prior to sailing.

Thanks Bob and Blue for the info now hopefully just one more set of questions

Self disembarkation just keep luggage go to point after time stated then off ship to immigration/ customs? Is that correct? How long do you think to go through customs/ immigration? We have Estas

Tried voyage personaliser, site down this morning

Thnx also to the poster about the coach trouble is our flight is midday and form says flights after 1 pm, next time;-)

Edited by electra2008

Thanks Bob and Blue for the info now hopefully just one more set of questions

Self disembarkation just keep luggage go to point after time stated then off ship to immigration/ customs? Is that correct? How long do you think to go through customs/ immigration? We have Estas

Tried voyage personaliser, site down this morning

Thnx also to the poster about the coach trouble is our flight is midday and form says flights after 1 pm, next time;-)

I can't help with the self disembarkation question since we have never used it, but I don't see any advantage if you are going to use the Cunard transfer coach to the airport.

Immigration/customs seemed fairly fast on our previous 2 voyages into NY. However, the line for non-US citizens seemed to be somewhat slower.

As with most countries, you really can't predict the speed of a government run operation with any degree of certainty.

Since you have an afternoon flight, you will probably have a long wait in the airport. We were told by our TA that Cunard recommends not booking any flights before noon. However, we have been at the (Newark) airport well before 11:00am on our previous transfers.

It seems that you sometimes have to lie a little on the Cunard forms to make it work. When departing from NY, we alway fly in the day before departure. However, Cunard isn't set up for this, so we have to tell them we are coming in on some morning flight on departure day and we go back to the airport to meet the transfer people then.

Our flight is at noon so cannot risk the coach, as info says not before 1 pm

Our June 13th flight from La Guardia leaves at 12:35pm and I'm not too concerned about it. Based on our previous transfer experience, the Cunard info is very conservative.

Our June 13th flight from La Guardia leaves at 12:35pm and I'm not too concerned about it. Based on our previous transfer experience, the Cunard info is very conservative.

Very reassuring re previous post but I have just booked a car with Dial7 for 8.30 so hope it all comes together.

Thanks to all

Edited by electra2008

Very reassuring re previous post but I have just booked a car with Dial7 for 8.30 so hope it all comes together.

Thanks to all

Just for curiosity, would you mind tell us the rate they quoted you to La Guardia?

Bob