On the Bermuda web cam, I hear music.

rkacruiser

From where is this music and voices coming from? It is obviously from somewhere in the Dockyard Area. But, where? It is a venue that I would like to visit, I think, based on what I have heard over the recent years.

I sent an email to PTZtv a few weeks ago exactly for that and their answer was : our camera is situated in the Maritime Museum.

So no mention of the venue it is in or whatsoever... :(

It's NOT from Snorkel Park because you are "secluded" from the Dockyard once you are in there. I thought it may be the Frog and Onion :confused:

I sent an email to PTZtv a few weeks ago exactly for that and their answer was : our camera is situated in the Maritime Museum.

It's NOT from Snorkel Park because you are "secluded" from the Dockyard once you are in there. I thought it may be the Frog and Onion :confused:[/quote]

Well then, just tell me how you thought it could possibly be from the Frog and Onion?

Edited by iheartbda

It's NOT from Snorkel Park because you are "secluded" from the Dockyard once you are in there. I thought it may be the Frog and Onion :confused:[/quote]

Well then, just tell me how you thought it could possibly be from the Frog and Onion?

Have a look at this map of the Dockyard. The number 17 (in red) is Snorkel Beach and it is on the OTHER side of the fortified walls...very high walls and no good view of the Wharf.

On the other hand, number 13 is Frog and Onion and is NOT circled by Fortified walls...

That's how I thought it could be possibly from there.

When we listen to it long enough or at the right moment, we can hear live music, I often heard a women take orders for food and drinks...so it has to be a restaurant.

I visited the Commissioner’s House and I do not remember a restaurant in there ...so not from there.

The other place very plausible is from Bone Fish Bar & Grill.

the more I think about it.... it must be Bone Fish, 3 or 4 weeks ago I heard a waitress tell a customer " you better put in your order before that train gets here" ....and on the camera we were looking at the mini train filling up on the Wharf....

So they must be the only restaurant with a clear view of the Wharf ....

I heard ship announcements the mornings of ships arriving.

I've also heard what sounded like a tour guide describing how old something was.

I will be in Bermuda on July 9th and will try to find this webcam, take a pic and report when I get home.

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Here's a map of dockyard I found on the Bermuda board. SBtS was showing someone where the Dolphin Quest was in relation to the ship. Maybe we can figure this out.

ImageUploadedByForums1403538956.202635.jpg.1bb92ce4b5465d5d16b79ddc3ad91d0e.jpg

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

Have a look at this map of the Dockyard. The number 17 (in red) is Snorkel Beach and it is on the OTHER side of the fortified walls...very high walls and no good view of the Wharf.

On the other hand, number 13 is Frog and Onion and is NOT circled by Fortified walls...

That's how I thought it could be possibly from there.

Well I am an idiot...I forgot to attach the map I quote numbers of... :o

<a href=Dockyard_zps08ff16ce.png' alt='Dockyard_

Ok now I am looking into this from the camera point of view.

We often see those cannons on the webcam :

p><p>They are in front of the Commissioner

Last week there was a couple waving at the cam from there also. So this means it cannot be at the Snorkel Park since it is behind the House and can't see the cannons from there.

So the only angle the cam can be is between the blue lines on the map below.

Is there a restaurant with music at Dolphin Quest ?

<a href=Dockyard2_zps8ddf0210.png' alt='Dockyard

On the Bermuda web cam, there has been an increase in music in the audio tonight. On CC, there is a thread about a new venue which may be a conerted former Bermuda ferry to a "pirate boat" that is docked near the cruise terminals at the dockyard. I am thinking this music is coming from this venue. If so, it sounds like something I would like to experience!

On the Bermuda web cam, there has been an increase in music in the audio tonight. On CC, there is a thread about a new venue which may be a conerted former Bermuda ferry to a "pirate boat" that is docked near the cruise terminals at the dockyard. I am thinking this music is coming from this venue. If so, it sounds like something I would like to experience!

Yes the Calico Jack's Bar is #37 on that map, right in the sight lines of the webcam.. I would think that this is where the music is coming from. I have a feeling the location and interesting style of this bar will make it a hit.