Perk and Cabin

astrocat

Okay ... I've found the perfect stateroom and have it on 24 hour hold but how do I combine it with the Pick Your Perk deal? Does that option show up later in the booking process?

We are Captains Club too, so would also qualify for the reduced deposit I think.

And finally what 'subjective analysis' by CC members has been carried out on the best value/most popular perk? ;)

I can tell you what worked for me. I logged on w/my CC number, and then I entered the code PYPBEV (my choice for bev pkg). The reduced deposit and perk came up in the rate. You should be able to find a place to enter the code and update the rate.

Okay ... I've found the perfect stateroom and have it on 24 hour hold but how do I combine it with the Pick Your Perk deal? Does that option show up later in the booking process?

We are Captains Club too, so would also qualify for the reduced deposit I think.

And finally what 'subjective analysis' by CC members has been carried out on the best value/most popular perk? ;)

Yes the Pick Your Perk options show up further along in the on-line booking process (you put in the relative code, believe it is on the last page where they also ask for your Credit Card Info). And you do have to be logged into your My Celebrity with your Captain's Club info to complete the transaction (receive your CC Points after you cruise automatically)

Although to be honest, the Website too often fails me... So now if I want to book / buy something, I just call Celebrity direct, and they get it right the first time (no more double charges, cabins suddenly disappearing, website failures / disconnect etc). AND I get a paid receipt sent to my email immediately. That alone is worth the phone call... Sucks when you think you've booked a cruise / particular cabin, but have nothing to show for it.

If you are Captain's Club and have sailed before you qualify for BOTH the 50% Deposit and the one sub-category upgrade (so for example get a C2 for C3 pricing). Thing is you have to ask for it... Another good reason to phone.

* Sub-Category Upgrade is based on Availability... And not applicable on Holiday Sailings.

Most popular perk... Definitely the Classic Bevvy Pkg (based on the number of posts here on CC)

Best value for you... Well only you can do the math and know your own needs.

For Mr Sloop & I it is most definitely the Classic Bevvy Pkg at $ 49 US + 15% per day = $ 56.35 x 2 = $ 112.70 x the number of nights.

The other options don't even come close!!

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

If booking on the Celebrity website, after you select the cruise you want, the next screen has the places where you give the number of travelers, select any discount categories for which you may qualify (such as senior or resident or military discount),

and over on the right side of the screen enter your Captain's Club number and the offer code you want (for example, PYPBEV to select the Pick Your Perk beverage package).

If booking over the phone, you give that info to the Celebrity rep or travel agent, and they will enter it for you.

As for the most popular perk, I think that is the beverage package.

The "best" perk is whichever works best for you.

Edited by varoo

If you are Captain's Club and have sailed before you qualify for BOTH the 50% Deposit and the one sub-category upgrade (so for example get a C2 for C3 pricing). Thing is you have to ask for it... Another good reason to phone.

Thanks all .. and in particular Sloop! I knew I had done something 'wrong' or forgotten something - the upgrade!

My dream cabin is a C1. As I say , its on hold. Should I cancel / let it expire and then try to save money AND get it back by calling to book a C2 and immediately upgrading? Can I even do that in one fell swoop on the phone?

Even as I type, it looks risky! The saving is about $NZD650 but someone else might get in ahead of me. Lol.

And if I do release, how long before it shows up again in inventory?

Dilemmas!

The saving off what? The previous price or the BS they put in a brochure.

By saving I mean the online difference between a c2 and a c1 currently showing on the X website. I MIGHT get a c1 for the price of a c2 if I followed Sloop's advice but then again, now that I've seen this c1 I can't think of anything else! Aaargh.

With the CC upgrade you can pay for C3 and receive a C2 but you can no longer jump from a C2 to a C1. You'll need to pay for C1 if that's what you have your heart set on.

The butler did it, is not only a great detective, she is up to date on her policy of not being able to pay c2 for c1.

The butler did it, is not only a great detective, she is up to date on her policy of not being able to pay c2 for c1.

Ya and it is a dumb rule because:

1- it is the only category under Suites where it is so (you can book an A1 but pay for an A2)

And

2- Because the Celebrity website / documentation says otherwise **

Another case where Celebrity's Policies don't always make sense

Cheers!

** Ooops see they've finall changed it. Now says valid from Cat 11 thru A1. Not valid for Cats 12, FV, SV, C1 and Guarantees.

Lol still a dumb rule IMO :rolleyes:

Edited by Sloop-JohnB
Edit to add the **

No worries Sloop, its all good. I checked the info from Butler and I can see that now, still a bit irritating though.

One (final?) question .. am in fact leaning towards the gratuities perk , as I don't really drink enough (lol) to make the beverage work. The OBC appears to be capped at $300 no matter the duration, but that doesn't appear to be the case for Gratuities? In the case of our cruise (12 nights) the Gratuities would be worth a little more than $300 ....

No worries Sloop, its all good. I checked the info from Butler and I can see that now, still a bit irritating though.

One (final?) question .. am in fact leaning towards the gratuities perk , as I don't really drink enough (lol) to make the beverage work. The OBC appears to be capped at $300 no matter the duration, but that doesn't appear to be the case for Gratuities? In the case of our cruise (12 nights) the Gratuities would be worth a little more than $300 ....

Have you booked already. One US TA I have seen has the triple play back up for a few days. Drinks, grats, OBC.

Not sure of the price difference or exchange rate. I know my Solstice cruise was a lot cheaper than I could get from Celebrity AU and we got all three perks. Remember that the drinks pkg covers coffee juice smoothies water soft drink etc so it would be easy to spend $20 + per day on these things.

All done and special thanks to Julio, a supervisor on the international desk in Miami, for sorting it out. Even he recommended the Beverage perk but I've stuck with the Gratuities ..... :confused:.... but at least we're all secure in our C1. Really appreciated all the feedback here ...

All done and special thanks to Julio, a supervisor on the international desk in Miami, for sorting it out. Even he recommended the Beverage perk but I've stuck with the Gratuities ..... :confused:.... but at least we're all secure in our C1. Really appreciated all the feedback here ...

Glad to help...

Ah yes what a grand feeling when you book a vacation / cruise

Moreso when you snag a cabin you desire. Congrats on the C1 (by far our fave category to date)

Now I gotta ask, cause I don't believed you divulged it...

What Ship, and where pray tell are you steering your course for ???

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Managed to snag an aft out of nowhere ... 8170 .. Infinity May 26 2015 ...

Sweet... We were in 7206 (directly below 8170) when we last sailed on The Summit. Great location... Should be amazing for Alaska.

Enjoy.

Cheers!

Ps.. Gotta love the video, and Johnny Horton's lyrics and great voice. True classic.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB