Spring break out of Galveston ?

CanadaJulie

We just booked the Magic from Galveston, departing March 3. While I would prefer to avoid March Break or other major holidays, this year with my daughter in the enriched/advanced program in highschool, we had no choice... It was Christmas or March break...

I checked the website that lists the colleges spring break dates and it seems the worst is the following week (March 10) but maybe 1/4 list March 3 as their dates.

So for those who have experience with it, what can we expect with a Galveston departure early in Spring break season ?

I can tell you that spring breakers all spread out, but later then March 3rd. I booked the first cruise in april a couple years ago, and surprise !!! it was not only mexican spring break, but spring break in roatan, one of our ports, so we could not even be allowed to park in west end, our driver had to agree to just drive us on thru. We also had 1200 mexicans on the ship, to get thru customs that was a mess.

trying to predict that one week only will be spring break for everyone cruising doesnt exist .. colleges also will be different than public schools.

I live in Texas and Spring Break in TX is March 10-18. I have only cruised in the winter, so I can't tell you anything except Texan students will still be in school the week you are on board.

That's public school. Colleges will be out, at least some of them.

http://www.studentcity.com/blog/when-is-my-spring-break/

I got my info from this site - some school's are as early as early as Feb 25th though not many...

Being from Canada, some of these names I'm not familiar with but it seems at least a few are definitely on March 3. I'd guess that the Floridians would be less likely to cruise out of Texas...

For those who have cruised in March, at some point *someone* is on spring break - was it a younger crowd ? Rowdier crowd ? Falling down drunk crowd ?

I certainly don't mind a happy bunch of partyers, they liven up the Lido deck !! but I am traveling with my own kids so I was just wondering what to expect...

http://www.studentcity.com/blog/when-is-my-spring-break/

I got my info from this site - some school's are as early as early as Feb 25th though not many...

Being from Canada, some of these names I'm not familiar with but it seems at least a few are definitely on March 3. I'd guess that the Floridians would be less likely to cruise out of Texas...

For those who have cruised in March, at some point *someone* is on spring break - was it a younger crowd ? Rowdier crowd ? Falling down drunk crowd ?

I certainly don't mind a happy bunch of partyers, they liven up the Lido deck !! but I am traveling with my own kids so I was just wondering what to expect...

i dont see a single texas college on the list for March 3rd. I could have missed them .. but all the schools I saw were in other states, so the impact on a cruise out of TX will be mimimal.

We were on RCCL's Voyager of the Seas this past spring break out of Galveston. It wasn't bad at all. While there were more kids that I usually see, it was not too much. Weather was great also! In 2006, I left out of Galveston two weeks prior to Texas spring break week and it was also wonderful. Of course Galveston was great also! Have a great time!

Archived