Does Carnival provide transportation for stingray excursion?

Roberta Rader

This may be a stupid question but we have sailed on Carnival 4 times but never booked any shore excursions, opting just to explore on our own. However this time we are planning on the Deluxe stingray city sandbar through Carnival for $49.99PP. I don't see anything on Carnival's website description about transportation to and from the stingray site. Do we arrange that on our own? If so, would we be better off if we just booked directly with Captain Marvin's and saved some money? Or is that even allowed?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think they expect you to swim to Sting Ray City :D

I think with SRC, most of the tours through the ship will pick you up directly from the ship. No tender to shore needed. I know this is how many of the snorkel excursions out of Belize, another tender port.

Edited by dioxide45

I think with SRC, most of the tours through the ship will pick you up directly from the ship. No tender to shore needed. I know this is how many of the snorkel excursions out of Belize, another tender port.

Not in my experience. It's a long trek by boat from the port area out to Stingray City, as you have to go around one whole end of the island. It's much quicker for tour operators (private or via the cruise ship) to pick passengers up by mini-bus at the port and take them 5-10 minutes by land across to the docks on the North Sound for the trip to Stingray City. Some might go by boat, but I doubt the majority do that.

Edited by bookbabe

I don't think they expect you to swim to Sting Ray City :D

I don't know of any of the Stingray tours that does this. Most will pick you up very near the tender pier.

I don't know of any of the Stingray tours that does this. Most will pick you up very near the tender pier.

Thanks, good to know. We have only been to GC one time, and it RAINED. So our Stingray City excursion was cancelled.

We will be returning again twice this year, but surprisingly don't have Stingray City on our list of excursions to do.